marshall fields lp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall fields lp?

Hi everyone. I just have a question and would appreciate some help on this if possible.

Does anyone know what Marshall Fields LP department is like? I currently have an LP job at another company but I am going in for an interview at Marshall Fields next week.
    Any info would be great, such as pay, training (if any), negative or poitive experiences, and so on.

Thanks in advance!

I worked for Fields before coming a police officer. In fact I started off as a store investigator and was promoted to a regional investigator where I worked cases against Identity theft and ORC Rings.

Now that they were bought over I heard a lot of negative things, I don't know I left before the merger and went to Old Navy (Gap Inc.) We used to be allowed to conduct fitting room surveillances but I'm told they no longer allow it which makes it more difficult to catch your shoplifters.

As far as they pay went, it depended on the area in which you worked. I started off at 10.50 an hour and went up to 14.00 an hour and then I was promoted into a Salary position.

When I worked for Fields, Target still owned them and it was a lot of fun, at least in my store. If I remember correctly I had recovered over $25,000.00 in less then six months and I'm not sure about how many arrests I had, it was up there.

Comment

Gumshoe, not a bad record for six month's work.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by pinky909
        Hi everyone. I just have a question and would appreciate some help on this if possible.

Does anyone know what Marshall Fields LP department is like? I currently have an LP job at another company but I am going in for an interview at Marshall Fields next week.
        Any info would be great, such as pay, training (if any), negative or poitive experiences, and so on.

Thanks in advance!
        I don't have specific information on this company. However, if you can find a discrete way to determine what kind of employee turn-around they have, you may gather some insight about the working conditions.

If you do decide to leave the company you're with, it can't hurt to lay the groundwork for a return if the new job isn't what you thought it would be. Ask your current employer if he/she would be willing to hire you back if need be. No need to 'burn any bridges behind you.'
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

They are or at least were a soild company to work for. I worked with 3 women and I was the only guy. They are all still there, I guess they hired two guys after me and both of them didn't work out. The one lasted two years though. Most folks I knew there are still working for them unless they moved on to bigger and better things.

But the reasons why they didn't last I shouldn't post here.

They are a very professional company and they have a Strong LP Department, or at least did when I was there. But remember Target owned the company back then. I guess Mays Department stores now owns MF, so you may want to research that company.

Definately give two weeks notice before leaving your old job, when I came a police officer that was the biggest help in me landing a job in this state with a hard economy. I was able to call every single one of my previous bosses and they gave me GREAT references, so it pays off. In fact I still keep in touch with them today, especially my Private Investigators that I worked for, always keep your network going.

Thanks Bill, yea that was pretty good recovery rate but we had a lot of ORC Rings to contend with and MF has very expensive product lines. One pair of Jeans could easily cost over $150.00. If you your able to nab one guy with 3 pairs you have a pretty good case value. It wasn't uncommon to mak over $1,000.00 in one recovery or apprehension. One case I had even went to Jury Trial, my only one in nine years. It was over $2,000.00, two men stealing Armani Suits. These guys were very organized and were hitting stores up everywhere. I had a really outstanding LP Supervisor with years experience with working against ORC. We had to get 5 police cars to back us up in order to bring those two down. My boss and I fought with one guy while the police handle this guy that was over 6'4 and about 300 pounds. Both had felony warrants.....I love talking war stories so I'll shut up now. But Marshall Fields just like other High End companies, you can make some huge cases and learn a lot on check Fraud and Credit Card fraud.
          Last edited by Gumshoe; 03-12-2006, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X