Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many LPO's are allowed to carry any kind of weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    Target has a very strict no employee weapons (including LP) policy.

I once inherited an LP department that carried firearms on company property. The very first thing I did was to change the policy banning the practice. Not only from the obvious issues, it saved the company over $300,000 in insurance premiums.
    Curtis, just how is it a good idea to disarm any security department? What would an agent do if a subject brandished or
    used a firearm?

Yeah obviously the premium went down...but so did the value of the service

Comment

This necro-thread is 13 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Horn View Post
        This necro-thread is 13 years old.
        Forum's dead as a doornail anyways. May as well get some kind of discussion going/renewed.

& I figured Curtis still does pop in here from time to time.

Comment

Can’t believe that there’s not thousands of bored guards on mids who would keep this place active.

Comment

As far as the forum goes, I think part of it is there are other alternatives now - Facebook, Reddit, etc. Most of the night guards I've seen are not doing anything work related - just watching movies or on Instagram. (Or sleeping.)

Only thing I've seen LPs carry is handcuffs. I'm assuming the weapons ban is probably a liability and / or a PR issue. Amazon is so politically correct they refuse to even hire security or LPs for their brick & mortar stores - they just let everything walk out the door and eat the loss, despite obviously being able to afford loss prevention.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
              As far as the forum goes, I think part of it is there are other alternatives now - Facebook, Reddit, etc. Most of the night guards I've seen are not doing anything work related - just watching movies or on Instagram. (Or sleeping.)

Only thing I've seen LPs carry is handcuffs. I'm assuming the weapons ban is probably a liability and / or a PR issue. Amazon is so politically correct they refuse to even hire security or LPs for their brick & mortar stores - they just let everything walk out the door and eat the loss, despite obviously being able to afford loss prevention.
              Don't even get me started on the PC PR bs, lol

As far as PR's concerned, just what would be an issue for an LP agent to CCW? Nobody can even see his firearm

And with PC, all it is is clueless [or not so clueless] snowflakes taking video from the middle or the end of the encounter to make the officer/agent appear in the wrong

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X