Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Boxing is a great way to train, but after seeing what happens out there, you should abandon that idea altogether. You may be legally in the right in some circumstances for using such tactics; however, it will only take one encounter with someone who can beat the living hell out of you to make a believer in other tactics. Those people are usually not who you think they are. It is also rather disturbing to find out the person you just handcuffed has advanced AIDS. I have encountered both of those scenarios before.

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    does anyone here know about the david hookes case.for those that dont know david was a cricket personality who was at a melbourne pub and for some reason the security wanted him out and at some point he was punched in the face causing him to fall backwards and hit his head on the ground .he was prounounced brain dead and life support was turned off.that guard that hit him almost went to jail over that.my point is it might be a simple punch to the head but what happens after that is why i learnt different ways to defend myself other than boxing.but each to their own i suppose

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Because some states are insane.
    OK, sure.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Then why did you say "depends" regarding my point which only referred to the face?
    Because some states are insane.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Face is on the body.

BTW, the face is not an effective striking point, in most cases, unless your looking to distract.

Two words. Boxer's Fractures.
    Then why did you say "depends" regarding my point which only referred to the face?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BoxerGuard,
    It seems that many officers here are having a hard time understanding you. For all I know the people you hit have threatened you, combatively resisted, could be armed...etc..theres just a myrid of reasons why your practices may be justified. AND I HAVE NOT HEARD THESE REASONS, so I will not judge you as so many here have. It irks me that without having this knowledge (your reasons) some officers here have posted some insulting onslaghts aimed at you- calling you "ignorant" .

That strikes me as ignorant and unfair.
    If your still out there, please come back and tell us why you feel that your safety is so compromised that you need to strike the offenders.

Thank you, for sharing your experience with us.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Depends on the state. A closed fist strike to the body would be reasonable in some circumstances. I know, because the Kenosha Police Department "gets away" with closed fist control strikes all the time. Verbal, Taser, Punches, Baton, Gun.
    In California strikes with Personal Body Weapons (hands, fists, knees, elbows, etc.) are allowed. They fall under the "Injuring Force" category on the Use of Force Continuum.

As an Arrest and Control Tactics instructor, I only teach my students to do distraction strikes with their hands. I tell them that using your hands to strike with full force is not a good idea because of the potential damage they can do to their hands and/or fingers which could interfere with drawing and firing their handgun if the struggle escalates to a deadly force situation.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by jimmyhat
    "Most"

That word is driving me crazy. We, as protection professionals, cannot accept the logic that "most" of us are F'd up. Most of us are not (F'd up.) "Most" of us are hard working, eager to learn, and ready to pop-smoke/move-out/and draw-fire when fit-hits-the-shan, so that the good people we protect can seek shelter against the storm under our umbrella.
    Jimmyhat,

I concede that there are a few INDIVIDUALS in the security industry who are just as you described above. And I thank my lucky stars every day that such individuals exist because it is those few, those happy few, those band of brothers (OK, enough Shakespeare) that are going to lift the security industry out of the depths it is currently in. However, I stand by my statement that most security guards are F'd up. My judgement comes from a total of 18 years in the security industry. The industry as a whole is F'd up, even with us few true professionals within the industry.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I said FACE, not body.
    Face is on the body.

BTW, the face is not an effective striking point, in most cases, unless your looking to distract.

Two words. Boxer's Fractures.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Jimmyhat: Are you sure you weren't in the NAVY?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Depends on the state. A closed fist strike to the body would be reasonable in some circumstances. I know, because the Kenosha Police Department "gets away" with closed fist control strikes all the time. Verbal, Taser, Punches, Baton, Gun.
    I said FACE, not body.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmyhat
    "Most"

That word is driving me crazy. We, as protection professionals, cannot accept the logic that "most" of us are F'd up. Most of us are not (F'd up.) "Most" of us are hard working, eager to learn, and ready to pop-smoke/move-out/and draw-fire when fit-hits-the-shan, so that the good people we protect can seek shelter against the storm under our umbrella.

A damn fine leader of mine used to always say, "we can't make the world great, until we become great ourselves." That's a cryptic piece of logic, on a global scale, that I will never fully understand. But, as I get older, those words become clearer pieces of a huge puzzle that I'm starting to recognize as part of the big picture.

Most of us not bad. Most of us are struggling through a long day with sh*t pay for a sh*t boss that doesn't give a sh*t about us. That doesn't make us bad, it makes us resilient. Some folks become bitter, and take their frustrations out on the public, like Boxer. But, he's probably young and naieve, not accustomed do the real world yet.

Boxing. The toughest sport known to man. Entering a ring not only facing your own fears, but staring into the eyes of another who has given up any sort of normal life in order to train every minute of every day, using every bit of concentration and discipline he/she can muster to win at all costs. Don't confuse that admirable killer-instinct with the supposed "beat-down" talents of our colleague, Mr BoxerGuard. Real fighters never openly discuss their tactics.
    On behalf of all of us, thank you.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    How long have you been doing this? Even LE can't just punch someone in the face before using other compliance tactics on individuals resisting arrest.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxerGuard
    A big joke. I have been in LP for almost a year. I punch someone in the face at the very least once a week. I kick butt and...
    How long have you been doing this? Even LE can't just punch someone in the face before using other compliance tactics on individuals resisting arrest.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I'd have to say that the assumed mentality that folks believe BoxerGuard (I'm in politically correct mode, fear.) has is a minority in the field, as a whole.

Most of the guards are too afraid to defend themselves due to having "YOU WILL GO TO JAIL, LOSE YOUR HOME, AND WE WILL FIRE YOU" drummed into their head from 1970s video tapes, instructors, managers, and supervisors.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X