hehe, lol --------------------
    jidem security guards, making a difference[br]
    [br]fully sia licenced officers[br]
    jidem security, making a difference

Comment

Originally posted by born_2_code
      hehe, lol --------------------
      Interesting post. Care to elaborate?
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
        Most of us have seen the elderly or disabled individuals that Wal*Mart often uses to greet customers near the front of their stores. Recently, I observed a group pass through the security tower and set off the alarm. After the elderly greeter finished checking with the shoppers to find out why the alarm sounded, I asked her if she is expected to confront people who set off the alarm when leaving. She affirmed that it is part of her job. In fact, she once chased after a shopper who had stolen thousands, for which she was rightly reprimanded. Still, it concerns me that she is expected to confront potential shoplifters by herself. I explained that I am a licensed s/o and would not want to confront anyone w/o back up. I advised her to be careful and at least not stand between the person and their escape route in case they bolt.

Does anyone else see the potential for serious injury here? I don't agree with their policy. What do you think?
        Well, it happened. A 75 year-old greeter stopped a man w/ a TV as he was walking out of the store and asked to see his receipt. The man threw the TV at the greeter, injuring him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          Well, it happened. A 75 year-old greeter stopped a man w/ a TV as he was walking out of the store and asked to see his receipt. The man threw the TV at the greeter, injuring him.
          We had an exit greeter in Garden attacked by a juvenile. She was 67 year old. They needed to take the juvenile to the hospital, she counter attacked "fearing for her life" with her issued box cutter. Justified, too. The kid was armed with pruning shears.

That was great fun, oh yes. There were no loss prevention associates in the store, and none of the assistants were LP trained yet. One of em got the bright idea, "Well, he knows what he's doing."
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            We had an exit greeter in Garden attacked by a juvenile. She was 67 year old. They needed to take the juvenile to the hospital, she counter attacked "fearing for her life" with her issued box cutter. Justified, too. The kid was armed with pruning shears....................
            Sounds like that kid received some 'Geriatric Justice.' Can't blame the greeter for defending herself.

Comment

Sounds like the three or four that attacked to retired Marines and had to be taken to the hospital, especially the one who got a cheap flying lesson.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X