LP Issues, Thoughts & Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP Issues, Thoughts & Concerns

I've been an LPA for 1 1/2 years now. And during that time I've learned a great deal from my fellow co-workers (past & present). As I'm looking to gain more knowledge from everyone to help me into growing as a better LP agent...I'd like to hear from anyone about their LP experiences. It can be anything from the people that you worked with to past cases that you worked on. Anything will help and be greatly appreciated as I want to learn all that I can...and thanks to everyone!
    "Life In Every Breath"

It's been an interesting couple of days for me. Yesterday finished off with me busting a 15/16 yr. old while trying to steal a turkey call. I think he was scared enough that he crapped his pants And just when I thought all is well in the LP camp...along came today To make a long story short, I've been put on my "final notice." Added to that I was given 30 days to show "improvement" as it was put to me. I've never been so confused before and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong Lots of issues were brought up including anything from performance to money...of course. Basically, it's been said that I don't do anything. I don't produce "stats," I don't "communicate" with other LP's. You name it...it came up! The money issue is something that I think that we all can identify with in some way or another. My issue was the fact that I've been there for 1 1/2 years and in that time we've gone thru 10 LP agents...not counting myself and the TL. And all of the LP's have been paid more than me. Should I be upset about this? All I've been asking for is to raised up to where the hourly average is for all the current LPA's...nothing more or less. I was even accused of neglecting my responsibilities at work because of this. I'm still in shock from today...it's just hard to believe this happened. Any advice out there? H E L P
    "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

AAAW man, you're getting my hopes down.
      Top Flight

Comment

Originally posted by liteyouup View Post
        AAAW man, you're getting my hopes down.
        Want to elaborate on that
        "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

crummy employer...

The fact that your employer has had 10 LPO's leave in the last 1.5 years tells me something's not right in Dodge! sounds like they're making all kinds of complaints against you... funny how they waited 1.5 years (or till you asked for equal pay) to let you know eh?

Bottom line... do you really want to work for an employer like that? personally I'd be looking else where
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Well, I'm new at this. I only get scheduled for ten hours per week, but work more. You got put on "final notice" after a year and a half, I would think my job was pretty secure by then. Our DM is saying the same stuff about "stats" and what not. Just sounds too similar.
            Top Flight

Comment

Well, I'm new at this. I only get scheduled for ten hours per week, but work more. You got put on "final notice" after a year and a half, I would think my job was pretty secure by then. Our DM is saying the same stuff about "stats" and what not. Just sounds too similar.
              Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
              The fact that your employer has had 10 LPO's leave in the last 1.5 years tells me something's not right in Dodge! sounds like they're making all kinds of complaints against you... funny how they waited 1.5 years (or till you asked for equal pay) to let you know eh?

Bottom line... do you really want to work for an employer like that? personally I'd be looking else where
              Well guys, in all my years of working retail I'd have to say that this is something that isn't new. Even when I wasn't in the loss prevention industry I saw the "money" issue turn up a lot!

The 1st LPM that I worked under here was very abusive to most of us which in turn led to most of them leaving. And one guy in particular, was there for just over 2 yrs. and was making what I am Plus this guy is a Marine and has had plenty of experience that might relate to the job. So if anyone deserved a "bump" in money it was him! This LPM tried the same thing with me after my 90-day eval came up. He basically ripped me a new a**hole and graded me bad on everything
              LPM: "With this kind of eval, I could let you go right now. BUT, I still consider you to be on probation until my year eval gets here." So I figured that I might as well go to work with the attitude that it could be my last one. Well, he's gone and I'm still there

Now the new LPM gets here. We're told "changes" are coming...famous last words! Changes being that the LPM would do all the schedules, no more favoritism for anything and he was going to straighten our LPTL out. I guess that he's bought into his BS as well 'cause nothing is happening. When they both look at you and accuse you of not doing your job because of the money issue and tell you that you're not doing anything around here...then that's bad. And I don't know of another LP, SG or SO that would put up with it.

Yeah, I'm currently looking elsewhere to hopefully better myself. But I think after this they may lose me and another guy that has been considering leaving to. Don't get me wrong though. There are some things that we (and yes ME), have done wrong. And to a man I'd be the 1st to step and say "yep, I've done that before." But those things don't have anything to do with making something right to where all your LP's are on an equal playing field. More detail later.......
              "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Ya know, maybe it's just me but sometimes I do wonder....what all am I doing wrong As of yesterday, and mind you I didn't even make it past 3 hours into my shift, I was put on 3 days suspension. I've tried hard and done the best that I can but it never seems to be enough with these people Believe me, I'm looking at other options as it's apparently just a matter of time now
                "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

They are trying to get you to quit.
                  Top Flight

Comment

They are trying to get you to quit.
                    That's the impression that I've gotten. I really believe that their way of thinking is that I won't be walking back through the doors on Saturday.
                    And I probably won't unless something else comes along. There's more to it....sorta complicated
                    "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

There's more to this story than what's been written. Need the whole scoop to help ya out.
                      Same Pile , Different Foot!

Comment

Hey gang....hope that everyone's Christmas went well Just wanted to give an update as to what's been going on with my job. As anyone knows that's gone through this thread, I recently have went through a suspension and returned to work this past Saturday. Nothing new to report in the way of apprehensions or anything....just some missed chances mostly. Although the end of my tenure with the company does seem to be "creeping" up on me quicker than ever. Now they're using my "scheduling availability" as a way to get me out With everyone else in the family working for the state it gets kinda hard to pull an "open" shift outta my a**! I've always offered to work whatever & whenever I can....it's just another excuse to shove me out the door.
                        "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Lp is like the taxi industry - as 1 leaves another comes in full of dreams and aspirations.
                          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                            Lp is like the taxi industry - as 1 leaves another comes in full of dreams and aspirations.
                            So true as I've seen 10 LP's come & go through this place I wonder what they were thinking when they left
                            "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Hello gang. Just a quick update to let everyone know what's going on. Well as of 12/30 I was officially "let go" by my employer. This finally happened when my "availability" was the last thing that was brought into question. I had a feeling that this was what they would be using as the final nail-in-the-coffin so to speak.

As I look ahead, I would really like to stay in the LP industry. Although I'd hope that it would be something outside of retail though but you never know. I guess better things are yet to come
                              "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X