Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do we stand?

Hello,

I work at a privately owned store in the central valley area of California. My fellow LP's and I are curious to know where our store stands among other stores, arrest wise..
    Yearly we average about 900-1000 arrests for petty theft, and we currently have about 110 arrests for the month of October. We are just curious to if there are any other stores that get a high amount of arrests, similar to ours.

Thanks
    Last edited by ar15; 10-29-2007, 06:11 PM.

I think you guys put the emphasis on the wrong part of loss prevention.

Remember, your job is to reduce shrink, so arrest rate is pretty irrelevant. Also, it's hard to compare arrest rates from store to store, because a place like Wal-Mart likely has higher shoplifting than does Uncle Jim's Produce on 33rd Street in New York.

Comment

We know what our job is, and do everything to reduce shink. But nonetheless we experience an extremely high volume of theft at our location. We were just wondering if anyone else has worked or known of a place with such a high amount of theft.

Comment

Originally posted by ar15 View Post
        We know what our job is, and do everything to reduce shink. But nonetheless we experience an extremely high volume of theft at our location. We were just wondering if anyone else has worked or known of a place with such a high amount of theft.
        Fair enough.

I'm not sure how to obtain those stats, though. If you do find any, do share them with us.

Comment

You have more SL's than customers almost ?

If it takes 2 hours to process 1 x SL (think about the report writing and statements plus other company reports) and with the 1100 or so you stated that would be 1 person working solely 40 hours a week just processing SL's.

I would be trend management rather than arresting SL's - waste of valuable resources and I would be RA'ing your store design. Is it environment such as living in a high poverty area ?
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Actually, the time it takes to process goes as follows:

Adult and no pros: 20 minutes
            Juvenile and no pros, but wait for parents: 45 minutes (average)
            Adult or Juvenile w/ pros: 1-2 hours.

We prosecute roughly 5-10% of all our cases.

Comment

Just curious.

What type of store do you work at? How many LPO's do you have total, and how many are on duty at one time?

Comment

Very large giftshop, 5 LP's total. 2 LP's on duty M-TH, 3-4 LP's F-SU.

Comment

LP is interesting, i was on moble patrol for a local retail store for 3 days just simply backing up the LP boys, i saw 2 arrest and took down one runner. never thought LP was that involved. i have to hand it too you guys!

i have been on the job 3 years and have 2 arrests, one was a A&B Weapon at a college and that runner Larceny over. good job guys, good job!
                  sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X