No announcement yet.

Apprehension.... Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am absolutely flabbergasted by this thread!!!! How a company can put an LP agent to work with little or no training in the fundamentals is criminal. I could (but won't) write a volume on what should have been done by this company. My advice is to quietly look for another job since you appear to have a knack for the work and with proper training should be quite successful.

Comment

I agree, find another company to do Loss Prevention for. Good luck to you.

Be safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by John H. Christman View Post
        I am absolutely flabbergasted by this thread!!!! How a company can put an LP agent to work with little or no training in the fundamentals is criminal. I could (but won't) write a volume on what should have been done by this company. My advice is to quietly look for another job since you appear to have a knack for the work and with proper training should be quite successful.
        John I concur with your assessment; however, some in the leadership making such decision couldn't tell the difference between feces and a bad grade of honey. I see some of these "leaders" quasi managers literally running around like a blind dog in a meat factory. Were it not so tragic it would be hilarious.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Oh I agree 100% about the lack of training is shocking... it took me six months just to meet the loss prevention manager. I am starting another part time lp job tonight actually so I am hoping that training will help some.

Just as an update. I asked the ex state cop who is an lpm at another retail store and he said everywhere but delaware is it legal to a CD and prosecute. I was not find anything that verifies this, but for now I am airing on the safe side and just going to do one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by PetWolf View Post
            Oh I agree 100% about the lack of training is shocking... it took me six months just to meet the loss prevention manager. I am starting another part time lp job tonight actually so I am hoping that training will help some.

Just as an update. I asked the ex state cop who is an lpm at another retail store and he said everywhere but delaware is it legal to a CD and prosecute. I was not find anything that verifies this, but for now I am airing on the safe side and just going to do one or the other.
            Kudos for at least asking someone; however, I would suggest you seek guidance from your company's legal counsel. If counsel is at a loss, hopefully they will seek a written legal opinion from your city, county or state/commonwealth attorney's office. Verbal is nice to have written is better.
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill

Comment

I agree with Mr Warnock - always be cautious about advice received from others since if you act on it and its wrong its your neck in the noose. First consult your LP Manual, then , if you can reach your DLPM or RPLM, get their advice and if they won't put it in writing make a "Memo For the File" in which you detail exactly what you were told, when youy were told, and by whom you were told, and file this memo in a safe place and keep as long as you're emp[loyed there. Frankly, the Dir of Security for that company is, in my opinion, unfit for the job and should be fired post haste! I'd love to represent a plaintiff in a LP related law suit against your company and have the LP agent involved testify as to the lack of his/her training. I cannot image your company is a national retailer and runs its security operation in such a fashion.

Comment

I'm wondering what company it is. Seems hard to believe a 'national company' would be that laxed. I'm currently working on a LP program for a client that has stores in Delaware, but I know it's not the one PetWolf works for.
                Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Where I work in NY we both Civil Demand everyone and have them arrested.

Comment

John, Curtis, were Darwin alive today he would have to revise his theory on "The Origin of the Species." With some of the folks filling leadership positions in corporations, it is stunning to behold. It gives one a moment's pause to consider were they born that way or did they have to work diligently to arrive at this point in time? My dad always told me it was inbreeding and that: "incest would do in a company. New blood bring new ideas and for some that represents a threat." On a surveys, I'm so tired and frustrated hearing the same thing again and again, but Mr. Warnock, we've always done it that way!
                    Enjoy the day.
                    Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X