Discrete property ID product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrete property ID product

I am looking for a product that can be used for discreetly marking company property (tools, large equipment, laptops, anything that's the companies) we have a lot of property that would need to be marked so it can be then scanned at a gate post or even off the property to trace it back to us.

Basically something that can be applied somewhere on a piece of property that is not obvious like those RF tags or paint/ink bombs used in retail.

I have heard of an Infra red type paint marking but don't know the name that can be seen when a special light is passed over it (not a very technical example I know but any info on that would be super).

I'd appreciate the help.

JB
    I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

I understand the dilema. The military uses special paints that can be highlighted using an infrared light source. Here is a website http://www.nightmarker.org/

Hope that helps. Remember though, it is not cheap but can go a long way if used sparingly. It also needs to be reapplied over time if area is rubbed alot.

Comment

JB, I think you need to think of total inventory control to include marking of various tools that are needed from a tool crib. Some of my clients seem to be satified with a company called Automated Inventory Systems. Discreet tool marking in my estimation will not solve the problem of tools walking out of the door. The web site is http://www.autocrib.com
      Before you implement such a system assure legal and human relations branches review and approve them in writing and they are promulgated to all echelons of the company.
      If you want to broaden your search enter "Electronic Tool Crib Inventory" and let your search engine do the rest.
      If you already employ a security control system like PM 2000 you'll have a nice overlay that plays well with the rest of your programs.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill
      Last edited by Bill Warnock; 07-24-2007, 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hi all, I have taken an interest to UV Identification products based on things I've found on internet searches. Basically a lacquer/paint that is non transferable. Any similar product suggestions are welcome.

Anyone use anything similar on a large scale basis, (various tools, equipment and so on) in there loss prevention applications?
        I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X