New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

Hi There. My name is Steve and I am have been a Security Officer for over ten years in Australia now I am on the move to the U.S. and looking at Loss Prevention In the State Of Washingtion.

Can some one please tell me what are the requirements for working in this filed. I am looking at Walmart. I thank you for your time Steve
    ]

Wal-Mart is a private company, which means you need no licensing or other requirements. You would work for the company itself as a "loss prevention associate."

The requirements are simple: You must be 18 year old, have excellent credit, a clean criminal background, and a pulse. There are no other requirements imposed by any state or governmental agency.

Apply directly at any wal-mart, after you apply on the kiosk, or fill out an application in Layway, ask the Layway Associate for an Assistant Manager. Ask the Assistant Manager for the number to the District Loss Prevention Manager. It will be a long distance number, voice mail. Give the voice mail a call, and inform him/her that your interested in working for Wal-Mart Loss Prevention at the "Whatever, Washington" store, and you have an application in.

Wal-Mart is currently revamping their Loss Prevention division. Eventually, all Loss Prevention Assocates (Store Detectives) must go to Walmart's Corporate Headquarters to an Academy - where they teach you the Wal-Mart way of arresting people.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      ....Wal-Mart is currently revamping their Loss Prevention division. Eventually, all Loss Prevention Assocates (Store Detectives) must go to Walmart's Corporate Headquarters to an Academy - where they teach you the Wal-Mart way of arresting people.
      I think that they give you a badge with a smiley face in the middle and instruct you to ask the arrestee: "Will that be paper or plastic" for the restraints.

Sorry, I had too much coffee.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Hello... welcome to the great state of Washington! Where people love their security!

If you are looking for LP... go to Macy's. One of the best LP programs I have seen, they wont hire me though. I guess being 6'5 doesnt help you blend in enough. (at least this is what a lot of former LPOs are telling me. )
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
          If you are looking for LP... go to Macy's. One of the best LP programs I have seen, they wont hire me though. I guess being 6'5 doesnt help you blend in enough. (at least this is what a lot of former LPOs are telling me. )
          OK. So why not use you for back-up when the arrest is being made.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

new york walmart

are all walmart store's LP depts the same ?. here in new york they are redoing them as well . and the use securitas on the outside in the parking lots.thats all i know right now

does any one know do the carry hand cuffs and badges?

i wa thinking of geting a job with walmart LP dept

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
              OK. So why not use you for back-up when the arrest is being made.
              Because every man is a rifleman? Seriously, though, he would have to work independently, getting his own quota. Nobody would hire someone "just" for backup, because that person dosen't generate LP arrests and recover merchandise by themselves - they don't "pull their weight" and therefore justify the expense of hiring him.

Many LP departments are seen as a deficit, so they have to justify how many people, how many hours, and who corporate is spending money on. If the LP department dosen't produce, then the return on investment is extremely low, and they need replaced.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by nyspo
                are all walmart store's LP depts the same ?. here in new york they are redoing them as well . and the use securitas on the outside in the parking lots.thats all i know right now

does any one know do the carry hand cuffs and badges?

i wa thinking of geting a job with walmart LP dept
                If they carry a badge in your area, its a square badge that says "Security Guard," per NYS law. Most likely, they do not, as it was the LP policy that identifying yourself as a wal-mart employee was enough - badges convey lawful authority and the merchant's identification as a merchant is more than ample lawful authority.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X