Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man or Machine

Hello All

I wanted to ask the forum what they thought about CCTV surveillance and weather intelligent video on computers are a threat to manned surveillance.

Could a computer be better at monitoring video than a human?

With technological advances in Network Surveillance, cpomputers are now being used to analyze video and make decisions such as what it deems to be suspicious, and in terms of loss prevention monitor staff, stock, tills and theft.... all at the touch of a button!

B Kalia
    Securicorp Ltd

Originally posted by securicorp
    .....Could a computer be better at monitoring video than a human?............
    To that part of your post, yes.

Comment

Hello All

I wanted to ask the forum what they thought about CCTV surveillance and weather intelligent video on computers are a threat to manned surveillance.

With technological advances in Network Surveillance, cpomputers are now being used to analyze video and make decisions such as what it deems to be suspicious, and in terms of loss prevention monitor staff, stock, tills and theft.... all at the touch of a button!

B Kalia
      Securicorp Ltd
      I think a computer can be very beneficial in many aspects, but I have trouble believing it could identify shoplifters or employee theft. Too often, the signals are very subtle. For a computer to identify it, someone has to program the clues in for it to look at. Yes, there are some things that could be picked up fairly easily, but on a consistent basis to identify most thefts, I can't imagine it happening.

I can see a benefit much in the same way as exception reporting, where is identifies specific parameters on the POS to capture the video of that time span for later review, but that technology already exists.

If your product does something more than that, I am curious, but I do have a hard time believing it without seeing it.
      www.plsolutions.net
      www.customerloyaltysolutions.com

Comment

In alot of ways the CCTV can be better that the human but there are also alot of potential problems with CCTV, especially if it is made by Pelco. J/K I like pelco.
        Todd

Comment

Hello All

B Kalia
          Securicorp Ltd
          Pose that question to Jack Gin in an email: [email protected]
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X