Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigdog
    replied
    technically it a felony in the state of florida because neither can legally concent to sexual intercourse. so If you can prove they were having sex you could detain them for unlawful sexual performance by a minor or as i would do just tell them to leave.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    This depends on the state and company policy. In Florida, its a misdemeanor and not a breach of the peace, do you can't detain them for law enforcement. They haven't stolen anything, so its no longer a law enforcement issue.

You could, however, call the police and have them trespassed, but they must be free to leave.

Just make the nice people leave the store.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic What would you do?

What would you do?

I took this from another site. I am curious as to see how its addressed here. Many have a different ideas of the role LP plays in a store. Are they security as some suggest or are they to focus on shrink! Are LP to engage in Police matters that are non shrink realted? Here is the imagined situation "What would you do?"

Here's a topic I've never seen adressed and may or may not have happened to anyone I know.....

The scenario: a department store with general access fitting rooms

The situation: an area associate calls one of the managers-on-duty and reports illicit activity in one of the fitting rooms. M.O.D. is there in seconds and confirms illicit activity. Obvious illicit activity!!! There's a male and female bopping like there's no tomorrow! With the vocalizations to match!!!

The response: like all good M.O.D.s, the first thing they do is call LP. A two-fold reasoning; LP is (allegedly) trained to handle issues above and beyond the "traditional" customer service, and, there is a little bit of wanting-to-share-the-experience-with-your-friends factor. Yes, the latter lacks professionalism. But it does possess a certain 'uniqueness' value! So, the LPO responds to the scene, 'cop-knocks' the door and loudly proclaims that the time to exit is now. Not in so many words, but that's the gist of it.

The aftermath: upon exiting, it is discovered that the amorous couple are only 14 years old! Yes, it is a male and female, if that matters.

In this particular situation, What would you do?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X