Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart thief fakes heart attack...

...while sidekick steals toys.

You can bet this or something similar will be copy-catted. The obvious solution: EVERYONE doesn't respond to the "medical emergency", where they can only stand around gawking and getting in the way anyway. One security member responds while others deploy to surveillance positions.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/18...cmp=latestnews
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Old tricks. We've had people do hit and runs in the fragrence department while a couple others bag up in other parts of the store.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
      Old tricks. We've had people do hit and runs in the fragrence department while a couple others bag up in other parts of the store.
      Not quite the same thing, though. A "medical emergency" invokes the natural "helper" response and as such it causes people to let down their guard. A hit-and-run distracts people at first but it invokes a different kind of response - in fact, it puts people into a "defensive" posture. Committing one crime to cover another would certainly not be the sort of distraction I would choose to use.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

For a leader it's a great idea to educate our team on counter surveillance methods and tactics such as this faux heart attack.

It may be an old tactic but it's most likely a new concept to the guard attempting to assist with the heart attack subject.

This kind of example is also a great way to teach our sales floor employees and management the purpose of them responding to with all medical issues or accidents and always not just calling for securtity/LP/AP to take care of the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
          Not quite the same thing, though. A "medical emergency" invokes the natural "helper" response and as such it causes people to let down their guard. A hit-and-run distracts people at first but it invokes a different kind of response - in fact, it puts people into a "defensive" posture. Committing one crime to cover another would certainly not be the sort of distraction I would choose to use.
          If you have 3 floor people and one detective, a hit and run with someone who's fighting will tie up the LP staff while the girlfriend or whoever bags up elsewhere in the store. Then comes processing the SL meaning nobodies on cams. Doesnt happen often but have had a few admit to this.

If a medical happens only 1 guy is responding while another calls 911. A med call won't tie up our resources as much as a case.
          Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X