Tampered baby formula restocked at Walmart against makers’ returns policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampered baby formula restocked at Walmart against makers’ returns policy

I talked yesterday with Steve Merti of Canada News-Daily Brew about the most recent Product Tampering case. This has turned out to be a Retail Theft case where it appears the baby formula was stolen and then returned to Walmart and, in turn, restocked to the shelf. The baby formula in question was made by Mead Johnson Nutrition of Canada.

Mead Johnson requires that all returned formula be returned to the manufacture for full credit. Their policy is out of concern for the safety of their product. "The manufacturer has a "liberal retail return policy" to help ensure product that leaves the store and then is brought back by customers is returned to Mead Johnson for full credit "and does not make its way back to the retail shelf for purchase," Canadian general manager Don Robb said in an email to Yahoo Canada News." It does appear that Walmart failed to follow this policy and is revisiting the policy with their stores. Read the article.....

PHOTO courtesy OF YAHOO news

Last edited by Curtis Baillie; 07-15-2014, 08:55 AM.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Besides the glaring policy errors here, the end of the article puzzled me also - Walmart only saves footage for 7 days? Data storage isn't expensive anymore, especially for a large corporation. Even with multiple cameras in each store, it can't be that expensive.

My site is "quiet" by objective standards, and our policy is 14 days immediate retrieval (meaning I can access any camera footage in three steps). Footage is saved on site for 30 days, which can be accessed by managers.

Comment

They save incidents to separate disks indefinitely. otherwise they rotate daily.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X