X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zm88
    replied
    Would you say utilizing Special Police Officers is a wiser choice, as they are employed directly by the company?

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by zm88 View Post
    The problem is we (for the most part, because I've heard some companies in this area do) don't rely on PC, we need to actually see the concealment or at least be led to believe that is the only possible reason why the merch isn't where we last saw. 2 different mind sets.
    At times I have hired off duty officers to work shoplifting. There were issues including following company policies regarding the apprehension of shoplifters. Even though they agreed to following the policies during the interview phase when it came to actual practice the company policy went out the door and I had to terminate their services.

I often heard, "we are law enforcement - we don't need to follow your "6-steps." The problem is when the lawsuits hit the fan, they are working for you in your stores. The only advantage is they have powers of arrest.

Leave a comment:

• zm88
    replied
    The problem is we (for the most part, because I've heard some companies in this area do) don't rely on PC, we need to actually see the concealment or at least be led to believe that is the only possible reason why the merch isn't where we last saw. 2 different mind sets.

Leave a comment:

• macguard
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post
    Well... Looks like he's getting a new fleet of trucks...

Good example of why using ODO's is a BAD idea.
    Seems like a lot of the ODO screw up doing private security work.

He was working off duty gig for a private security contractor versus working directly for the
    police department on overtime. So I assume he made a citizens arrest versus a arrest as a Police Officer??

Leave a comment:

• ContractSec Level III
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

exactly. i habe always thought that using off duty officers for private security is a horrinle idea.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Man Suing Walmart For $5 Million After Being Wrongly Arrested And Tased

Want to bet on how this case comes out?

Opposing Views
    By Dominic Kelly, Mon, March 24, 2014

Harold Burrowes was tased and wrongly arrested after purchasing thousands of dollars worth of Walmart gift cards, and now, he’s suing the company for $5 million.

Back in September of 2011, Burrowes, the owner of a wrecker service, purchased over $3,000 in Walmart gift cards to be used to buy diesel fuel. Burrowes says that he had been doing that instead of issuing company credit cards so his tow truck drivers could purchase fuel.

When Burrowes went to purchase the gift cards, the cashier informed him that he wasn’t allowed to buy them using another gift card.

Read more...

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X