the one that got away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the one that got away...

I'm sure we've all had one or more that repeatedly hit and we just can't seem to get them. I've been attempting to brainstorm a logical plan but he keeps getting away. Just ranting about this.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Oh yes, we've all got one (or more). Just remember, most criminals start getting sloppy & overconfident after they've gotten away with it for awhile. It takes real discipline and IQ (which, thankfully, most don't have) to succeed repeatedly. They slip up eventually.

I just chalk it up to karma - if I don't catch him, someone else (other security or police) will catch him down the road. One case we had we got lucky - the cops served a search warrant for a completely different case and found a bunch of our company's tools and equipment. It wasn't marked (although some stuff did have serial numbers), but one of the officers had done a rotation in our district and remembered the stuff that was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      Oh yes, we've all got one (or more). Just remember, most criminals start getting sloppy & overconfident after they've gotten away with it for awhile. It takes real discipline and IQ (which, thankfully, most don't have) to succeed repeatedly. They slip up eventually.
      That's it. The dumb ones are the ones who do discover a good method, but don't bother to change and keep repeating it time and time again. If they're smarter than that, it takes hard work and patience to succeed.

Reminds me of one guy who we were trying to get for two weeks or so, he'd stolen lots of electronics during several occasions within the period from one of the stores in our mall. We eventually got him, primarily since we noticed that he kept using the same method. Even after that he was dumb enough to try again, and my collagues also caught an apparent accomplice. By then the legal definition had changed from "petty theft" to "theft" which was enough to get him remanded for several days, and also for the police to get a warrant to search his home. AFAIK that was enough to teach him not to show up in our turf again.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
        Exactly this. Of course I have had shoplifters get away due to not having all of my elements, but one thing I do know is that they will always be back. I'm fortunate enough to be in the same couple of stores, so I get to become familiar with who's who customer-wise.

Comment

This ones a pro...im sure they've been at it awhile
          Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
            This ones a pro...im sure they've been at it awhile
            Are you keeping all the reports and video evidence of him? When he gets caught or identified, hand all the reports over to law enforcement so numb-nuts can be charged for all the crimes he has committed in your store.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X