sears postings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sears postings

While browsing Lpjobs for a friend I've noticed a hige ammount of positions posted for sears, especially in the MA area. Is turnover that high? I'm not aware of new stores opening, just found it odd the number of positions they've been posting. Especially this early in 2014.
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Seems they are always putting postings up. I was wondering the same exact thing, I think it is a high turnover rate..

Comment

Phantom jobs to get resumes.

Their top LP guy bill Titus left. Lots of change coming with their program I would bet

Comment

One of our past detectives ised to work for them. They didn't exactly leave an lasting impression with me amd they had horrible work ethic IMO. Not painting the whole company with that brush but from their stories it sounded like they have alot of those types.

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by capurato View Post
          Phantom jobs to get resumes.

Their top LP guy bill Titus left. Lots of change coming with their program I would bet
          From what I heard hands off policy, at least here.

Comment

Yeah I believe its country wide they are hands off. I know they are over here.. I didn't know Titus left..

Comment

I've seen the job postings for Sears on the various job searches. I started the app. and you have to call & answer questions from a computer...or something like that. I thought it was kinda lame, just interview me face to face for cryin' out loud. But maybe it's their way to weed people out. Their ability to speak, etc, it could save time I suppose. I just moved on & didn't complete it.

Comment

Sears is closing their flagship store in Chicago this Spring. I think the Sears brand is nearing the end. If they can't keep their flagship store, this shows just how bad their numbers are.

JCP is also closing a bunch of stores, including the one in the mall near where I live. I was in Lexington, KY just a few days before Christmas. They were down to bare bone and selling everything off, including fixtures.

But Obama & Company keeps telling is the economy has and is improving.
                Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Yeah thats never a good sign...

Comment

PM me if anybody wants info on working for Sears Holdings
                    If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Comment

I had an Interview with the Loss Prevention Manager last week, they had me sit down with the store manager for a 2nd interview. I got called today and accepted the job, they are just waiting on the background check to come back. Some things I noted during my interview, This store is "Hands Off", and seems to be rebuilding their LP program. Anyone work for them currently or have recently? I would love some insight. I'm really looking forward to the work.
                      Last edited by Parks79; 04-23-2014, 05:13 PM. Reason: Updated

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X