Loss Prevention Academy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss Prevention Academy?

Anyone ever took courses through them? I'm looking at expanding my training in this job and their prices seem reasonable. I cant afford the wz training personally, and what to go with a reoutable program within my price range.

http://www.losspreventionacademy.com/index.php
    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
    Anyone ever took courses through them? I'm looking at expanding my training in this job and their prices seem reasonable. I cant afford the wz training personally, and what to go with a reoutable program within my price range.

http://www.losspreventionacademy.com/index.php
    The "W-Z" course is $29. for a two hour session. Even though it is sanctioned by Wicklander-Zulawski, but just how much would you get out of 2 hours?

I think you have been in LP for awhile now and I think you already know more than the 2-hour class would teach. Besides there is nothing like the real W-Z class in a classroom setting with a live instructor. You are able to ask questions and there are many role playing scenarios. I would wait for the W-Z seminar to come to an area near you and attend the class.

I've never taken any of Mr. Degener's courses, but I've taken the full W-Z basic and advanced classes many times and always learn new things.

Just my 2 cents......
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
      The "W-Z" course is $29. for a two hour session. Even though it is sanctioned by Wicklander-Zulawski, but just how much would you get out of 2 hours?

I think you have been in LP for awhile now and I think you already know more than the 2-hour class would teach. Besides there is nothing like the real W-Z class in a classroom setting with a live instructor. You are able to ask questions and there are many role playing scenarios. I would wait for the W-Z seminar to come to an area near you and attend the class.

I've never taken any of Mr. Degener's courses, but I've taken the full W-Z basic and advanced classes many times and always learn new things.

Just my 2 cents......
      As always, thank you for the words of wisdom Curtis. I did place Practical aspects of Interviewing and Interogations on order for myself. I'll start putting some money aside for the next seminar that comes my way.
      Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

WZ isn't easy, you wont get much from a two hour course than an introduction. If youre clueless on WZ it might be qorth_30 but probably not much more than that. But hey its 30 bucks and sounds good at a job interview.

I recently got LPQ certification through the loss prevention foundation. It isnt cheap but I thi k its a great course for a new LP to invest in.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X