Who should i choose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should i choose.

I currently have interviews with Target TPS in a major city and U.S. security associates for retail loss prevention.

If offered a job from both who should I go with based on yalls experience.

TPS is uniform and that's kind of deterring me.

Maybe I'm being irrational. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Target. Better training and exposure.

Comment

Have you done Lp before?

Comment

Target, that would be my choice.
        Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Who Should i Choose.

I would suggest Target because they probably provide health insurance and more opportunity in the future.

Comment

I did internal theft LP at a theme park and made a couple apprehensions here and there with the park rangers.

Comment

Target TPS cant actually go after shoplifters though

Comment

Do you work for them? If not, don't make statements pertaining to policy. It's more than just that. Target has upward movement and benefits, which are more important than running after someone and getting hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractSec Level III View Post
                  Target TPS cant actually go after shoplifters though
                  This is false statement. It is up to district-region policy and the training level of the TPS. It's at the discretion of senior management.

I see your alter ego has yet to return.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Target TPS can make shoplifting apprehensions.

Target will open a lot of doors for you.

I would also look at Macys as they hire a lot for holiday.

Youtube "target assets protection" and you will see videos of target TpS making cases.

Comment

From personal experience, JCPennys seems to have their stuff together. The local PD is constantly hooking and booking for them. I was talking to them and they said their record was 15 arrests in a day. The city is only 120,000 people!

At least at my JCPennys, their LP office is top of the line compared to other places like Wal-Mart. It looked like they had 15-25 PTZ cameras and they had three camera monitoring stations that were all manned. They also had a hands on policy at this store. While in their office they had 6 people detained for 3 different cases. They were finishing up their paperwork and preparing to call PD.

Comment

Just ask yourself a few questions,what is more favorable?
                        which field is more favorable for you?
                        what kind of company culture are more attractive to you?
                        which salary satisfy you more?
                        which offer do you think is more considerable?
                        and more..

then you will figure out which one to take

Comment

A guy from the realpolice forums who is in TPS said that TPS cant go after shoplifters

Comment

Why do you never find out anything for yourself. Your "I heard...some guy on another forum...this friend of a friend...", Does not make for facts.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractSec Level III View Post
                              A guy from the realpolice forums who is in TPS said that TPS cant go after shoplifters
                              I don't work for Target, but Im sure not every store operates the same way.

Where I am, we do things a lot different than the next store which is only 2 miles away.
                              Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X