X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any of you low wage LPs also required to "test-a-free" or

testify in court without pay?

How is that working out for you?

To me it would suck big time, unless it was part of career path like LEO or even 'private eye' where I had real good reason to bank some "Witness Stand Time".

Are you guys aware you are taking HUGE risk anytime you take the stand, for a bunch of reasons?

Don't know what you have up your sleeve on this one, but if the case is related to their employment the employee must be paid according to law.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

My coworkers used to work at "Great America" park in Santa Clara and they were getting $8/hour AND they had to frequently testify/depose for free.

Most of the cases were "upskirt" photographers, which ain't exactly 'loss prevention'. He guard in question had some idea it was his 'duty' because they were sick-o guys etc., and I'm trying to tell him "yeah, but it is also your employer with a stack of money which they ain't paying you, etc".

They also did a LOT of busting up fights, which also required 'court time'.

As some old saying goes, "when you walk into court you stick you head in the lion's jaw".

I'd want some SERIOUS pay hike and serious "personal liability" policy, etc if I'm gonna testify, or I'd have a real weak memory.

"I don't recall" seemed to work OK at Watergate.

Comment

My coworkers used to work at "Great America" park in Santa Clara and they were getting $8/hour AND they had to frequently testify/depose for free.

IF what they have told you is true. Great America is in violation of the law.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X