JC Penney's stock crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC Penney's stock crashes

I think anyone working for Penney's LP really needs to rethink their employment.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...q-massive-loss
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

I know people at Jcp. Lp is losing hours and mgrs are going to area managers. They say soon lpms and dlpms will be gone and just area managers.

Comment

Ullman to replace Johnson as J.C. Penney CEO

Well, this didn't take to long.

After a troublesome 17-month run, Ron Johnson is out as chief executive of J. C. Penney, and with that, the most closely watched revival effort in retail in recent memory is in danger of disintegrating.

Read the story.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

JCP has an un-hip image problem.

My MOM said in her day it was considered fine to buy towels and sheets from JCP, but not clothes, just because it was un-hip. Maybe lunch ladies could buy smocks their but that was about it.

Then they hire Ellen DeGeneres as spokes model. Yeah, a middle-aged lesbian ain't gonna be considered cool by today's youth, male or female. Her "fan base" did buy a lot of Subaru Foresters, however.

My buddy got a great deal on one being sold by USAF Sgt who was being transferred, based on the idea that a female USAF sgt/mechanic would be the ideal "previous owner" profile, but I digress.

What would be a possible new growing retail venture that might displace/takeover JCP retail footage?

Comment

Retail's race to the bottom

JCP is trying to compete with Target and Kohls. Department stores have two major problems - their products and their labor. Everything is the cheapest, ugliest stuff they can get from China, and it doesn't last. I went with the wife the other week to get her some decent looking clothes for a funeral and a new job - it was a fruitless endeavor, as they say.

I don't know what the sales clerks are making, but they appear to all be high school drop outs who think working the cash register and snottily counting how many clothes you carry into the dressing rooms is customer service. I realize they have to deal with people throwing the clothes on the floor (I honestly don't understand this - are we that lazy now?) and grumpy customers, but let's just say going to the mall was about as pleasant as a rectal exam.

At least I get a lolipop at the doctor's office.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
            JCP is trying to compete with Target and Kohls. Department stores have two major problems - their products and their labor. Everything is the cheapest, ugliest stuff they can get from China, and it doesn't last. I went with the wife the other week to get her some decent looking clothes for a funeral and a new job - it was a fruitless endeavor, as they say.

I don't know what the sales clerks are making, but they appear to all be high school drop outs who think working the cash register and snottily counting how many clothes you carry into the dressing rooms is customer service. I realize they have to deal with people throwing the clothes on the floor (I honestly don't understand this - are we that lazy now?) and grumpy customers, but let's just say going to the mall was about as pleasant as a rectal exam.

At least I get a lolipop at the doctor's office.
            The retailer I work for puts out week/monthly bulletins; my wife tells me that the product NEVER changes...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X