Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bergners LP/AP

Hey guys.

I currently work at Best Buy as an AP associate. Loss prevention for BBY really isn't loss prevention. More of coaching employees on the safe behaviors and trying to track down paper shrink.

I have an interview for Bergners loss prevention. Does anyone have any experience or know what their LP department is like? Plain clothes, camera room? I'm trying to find out what their policies is like.

Best Buy doesn't allow us to pursue into the parking lot and we have to have 5 steps before we can apprehend.

Any info is appreciated!

Originally posted by 121ak View Post
    Hey guys.

I currently work at Best Buy as an AP associate. Loss prevention for BBY really isn't loss prevention. More of coaching employees on the safe behaviors and trying to track down paper shrink.

I have an interview for Bergners loss prevention. Does anyone have any experience or know what their LP department is like? Plain clothes, camera room? I'm trying to find out what their policies is like.

Best Buy doesn't allow us to pursue into the parking lot and we have to have 5 steps before we can apprehend.

Any info is appreciated!
    Coaching employees on safe behaviors and tracking down paperwork is a very big part of the job and potentially has a bigger return than apprehending shoplifters. There is nothing wron with not allowing LP to pursue in the parking lot and making sure LP follows their "5" steps although it's really 6 steps.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I am a LPM for Bon-Ton. Bergner's is one of our many name plates for the company. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X