LP and shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP and shipping

One of the posts I work with the retailer client is a distribution center. If you are posted at the distribution center
    you could be working one of two security offices or the gate post. Working the gate involves checking the bill-of-ladings
    and locks/seals of the trailer truck entering and leaving the property. We also scan the bar-code for all trucks. There
    have been a few days when a truck or two was "lost"; but later found at still another distribution center. Keeping track of the trucks is real busy work; but enjoyable. The "lock log" was about 350 items. There is a whole department involved in the "import paperwork"

The reason I'm asking is that a local shipping company (called MyUS.com) not long ago was raided by the FEDS and FDLE.
    Here is the link : http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...aldtribune.com

From the article... {the company inspects items to ensure they can legally forward the packages for international corporations, foreign nationals and expatriates, including specialty items that cannot be bought or shipped to certain counties}

Can some one offer an opinion about what might have been going on?...........don't understand "legally forward".

"legally forward" is kind of an ambiguous term. In the world of imports /exports it can get murky real quick. For example, we try not to allow certain software and technology to go to places like China, because we know its going to get used against us at some point. Countries and individuals attempt to get around it by setting up dummy corporations or legitimate use companies that then funnel the stuff to the real buyer.

Its not even just guns or drugs or such. I seem to recall Galls, Inc. (the uniform company) got in some hot water years ago by not paying attention to who they were selling night vision goggles to. While not "lethal" technology, we certainly don't want Al Qaeda or Hamas to get this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      "legally forward" is kind of an ambiguous term. In the world of imports /exports it can get murky real quick. For example, we try not to allow certain software and technology to go to places like China, because we know its going to get used against us at some point. Countries and individuals attempt to get around it by setting up dummy corporations or legitimate use companies that then funnel the stuff to the real buyer.

Its not even just guns or drugs or such. I seem to recall Galls, Inc. (the uniform company) got in some hot water years ago by not paying attention to who they were selling night vision goggles to. While not "lethal" technology, we certainly don't want Al Qaeda or Hamas to get this kind of stuff.
      Kind of like when Japan sells to China who sells to North Korea..................thanks for the reply

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X