Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the strangest or most unique way you have seen someone try to shoplift somet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the strangest or most unique way you have seen someone try to shoplift somet

Dear retail security executives & consultants:

Security Technology Executive (STE) magazine is deploying a new back-page feature that focuses on "the pulse of the industry" -- this feature will highlight anonymous quotes regarding the topic of the month (we will never publish your name, title or organization with your comments). This month, I am hoping for some pretty interesting responses from you:

**Our March topic is specific to retail, and I hope it will draw some entertaining answers: "What was the strangest or most unique way you have seen someone try to shoplift something?"**

If you are interested in seeing your opinion in print, please either reply to this message with your story or send me a message at [email protected]. Please try to keep your responses to 100 words or less. Again, we are only looking for your stories, and I will NOT be publishing your name, title or organization.

I really appreciate your help with this and I look forward to reading your interesting shoplifting horror stories! If you have any further questions about this new feature, please message me.

Paul Rothman
    Managing Editor, Security Technology Executive
    [email protected]

This should be informative......and FUN

Watched a shoplifter once after being told on the PA system she was seen "lifting" scramble to "get rid of the evidence"..........
    poor gal did way more work "dumping" than she did "picking"

This is not an entry but had to relate.
    Last edited by sec-guy; 02-05-2013, 06:35 PM. Reason: more; spelling

Comment

The drunks/junk bombs that lran as they're concealing, then drop.ot when your onto them.or make the stop amd immediately request medical because they're od'n
      Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

OK retail & LP execs, can you top this submission?

There was a male that would come into our store and steal merchandise in the fitting room. He would come in at least once a week, but security was unable to figure out how he was taking the merchandise. He would enter the fitting room with (for example) 6 items and come out with none. When security checked the fitting room it would be empty. He would wear tight-fitted clothing so you can tell he wasn't wearing the merchandise and he would never carry a shopping bag. Once we got him in the security office, the man admitted to smuggling out the merchandise IN HIS HOLLOWED-OUT WOODEN LEG!!!!
        I'm sure plenty of you have similar tales...please, do tell!

Comment

Funniest Story

We saw the funniest thing happen in action. We were monitoring the cameras at a local grocery store and we saw a lady empty a high end shampoo ,that was about $50 dollars, into her childs baby bottle. She was doing it secretly it was one of the funniest things i had ever seen. When we approached her she said it was her daughters milk. We told here is was on camera then she confessed. Funniest thing ever.

If having your own security franchise is important that contact us to day.

Comment

not strange or unique but.....

One day while on patrol I visited the LIVE OBSERVATION CENTER at our Corporate location. A friend of mine was on duty.
            As I walked in he motioned to me to come visit him. He was reviewing the camera files on a women he had caught shoplifting. I sat along side him and he showed me the file.
            The file started when 3 women entered the store. All of them had very large bags on their shoulders. I asked him out of the 3 that came in which one did he choose to follow on camera. His reply: "I picked the one with the biggest bag"

Comment

Didn't see this in person, but have seen a CCTV recording.

A retail security officer was in the process of stopping a woman (Finnish Roma, they have these fairly big skirts in their traditional outfits which some use for concealing stolen items) seen hiding valuable meat etc. under her skirt. She loudly proclaims that she hasn't stolen anything, then pulls up her skirt as "proof". The skirt's seams rip apart and ten 20e or so packs of meat fall to the floor. It turned out that she'd woven pockets to the skirt interior for that particular purpose.

The attempt in itself wasn't so original but rather the way she got caught. :P

Comment

Saw a video once about a shoplift in a convenience shore where a small Asian women was stealing a case of beer.
                She had on a long skirt. The case was placed on the floor (long side up )between her legs. She must have had some kind of strapping rig from her waist. She just stood up and walked out. That was unigue......and amazing

Comment

Handbags Up The Skirt

[QUOTE=paul_rothman;138604]Dear retail security executives & consultants:

Security Technology Executive (STE) magazine is deploying a new back-page feature that focuses on "the pulse of the industry" -- this feature will highlight anonymous quotes regarding the topic of the month (we will never publish your name, title or organization with your comments). This month, I am hoping for some pretty interesting responses from you:

**Our March topic is specific to retail, and I hope it will draw some entertaining answers: "What was the strangest or most unique way you have seen someone try to shoplift something?"**

One of the strangest ways one of our apprehended shoplifters stole was by shoving handbags up her skirt.

Comment

Originally posted by PolarDeer View Post
                    Didn't see this in person, but have seen a CCTV recording.

A retail security officer was in the process of stopping a woman (Finnish Roma, they have these fairly big skirts in their traditional outfits which some use for concealing stolen items) seen hiding valuable meat etc. under her skirt. She loudly proclaims that she hasn't stolen anything, then pulls up her skirt as "proof". The skirt's seams rip apart and ten 20e or so packs of meat fall to the floor. It turned out that she'd woven pockets to the skirt interior for that particular purpose.

The attempt in itself wasn't so original but rather the way she got caught. :P
                    Wish I were there....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X