Career advancement in LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career advancement in LP

After moving from Amsterdam this year I have (finally) been hired as a LP agent. I have done security at events like concerts and festivals before but LP is new to me.
    What I am always looking to do is advance in my career and I think LP is something I can really sink my teeth in to.

What advice would you give me to help me progress and be the best LP agent I can be?
    Last edited by b_depaauw; 10-25-2012, 09:25 AM.

LP can be a mine-field, since your job is actually confronting criminals.

Coming from Holland I doubt you got much 'feel' for "American" criminals. I put "American" in quotes because it will be rare you deal with what the world thinks of as "an American"(White Anglo-Saxon Protestant with 3+ generations in the USA).

I would seriously suggest you look into the somewhat sketchy world of "Pot Club" security.

Amsterdam is some mythic high-class super-cool place to your typical American pot smoker. Just having you in the lobby talking on your cell phone in your thick Dutch accent will make everyone think you are a 'real pro', and they will give you higher pay and more hours just for that.

Your Dutch accent will make all the customers think "this place must have the good stuff" and the club owner knows that, and will want you around to boost his store's image.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
      Coming from Holland I doubt you got much 'feel' for "American" criminals. I put "American" in quotes because it will be rare you deal with what the world thinks of as "an American"(White Anglo-Saxon Protestant with 3+ generations in the USA).

I would seriously suggest you look into the somewhat sketchy world of "Pot Club" security.

Amsterdam is some mythic high-class super-cool place to your typical American pot smoker. Just having you in the lobby talking on your cell phone in your thick Dutch accent will make everyone think you are a 'real pro', and they will give you higher pay and more hours just for that.

Your Dutch accent will make all the customers think "this place must have the good stuff" and the club owner knows that, and will want you around to boost his store's image.
      Considering he does not have any loss prevention experience, I do not think this advise is legitimate or even remotely accurate.

Comment

Yet another spammer got through the net.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X