Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP candidate interview questions

Hi All,

I now have the task of interviewing new LP candidates. For those of you that conduct interviews...what kind of good situational questions do you use? I'm having trouble coming up with some that don't require specific knowledge about company policies.

Thanks!
    If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Tell me about a time you lost your temper.
    Tell me about a time you had to tell a supervisor or boss they were wrong.
    Tell me about a time the company you worked for had a rule or policy you didn't agree with. How did you handle it?
    Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co worker.

There are many more I can give you. The key is let them do the talking. Ask the same question different ways.

Comment

As a recent LP hire, I can actually answer with what I was asked. One of the questions was about the "grey area" that occurs in retail for LP. We're not subject to the same rules, but yet we're obviously subject to some rules. As an hourly associate opposed to a salaried, we don't deal with much internals..but how would I treat someone if I knew they were being investigated? Another was as posted before, give an example of where I lost my temper at work. Name an example of where I was confronted in an aggressive manner, whether at work or school. The interviewee was very pressing with the questions and actually was testing my social cues. He was asking very forward questions but was evaluating both my responses, but also how I reacted facially and posture wise.

Given my psychology degree, I can answer that some more. When asking questions, keep an eye on the eyes and posture of the applicant. Even a minor fidget could indicate stress or even a "manipulation of the truth". You can pick up when a person is winging it or is speaking from maturity/experience. As for cues within this field, obviously being very green I hesitate to even speak in broad terms.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X