X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous shoplifter

http://privateofficerbreakingnews.bl...lmart.html?m=1

I had a gun pulled on me once. Scary.

Apprehending shoplifters is a dangerous business. I've just been retained in yet another case where a customer was severely injured while a store manager was attempting to apprehend a shoplifter. Nothing your employer sells is worth anyone getting injured.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    CoAuthor - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
      Apprehending shoplifters is a dangerous business. I've just been retained in yet another case where a customer was severely injured while a store manager was attempting to apprehend a shoplifter. Noting your employer sells is worth anyone getting injured.
      I agree. Emotions get people hurt

Comment

Officers said the armed shoplifter ran out of Walmart on Carlisle Boulevard at about 6:30 a.m. Wednesday with a flat-screen TV in one hand and a gun in the other.

Authorities said loss prevention officers ran after the man, who immediately threatened them with his gun.

... Don't Chase armed suspects.

Comment

Well I suppose it's thanks to our strict gun laws but generally shoppies here are more likely to want to punch on with loss prevention staff than anything else, there is always the risk of sharp edged weapons OR blood filled syringes...

Doesn't seem to prudent pursuing an armed thief though, collateral damage and duty of care to bystanders/customers need to be factored into the store's loss prevention policy risk assessment.
          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
            Well I suppose it's thanks to our strict gun laws but generally shoppies here are more likely to want to punch on with loss prevention staff than anything else, there is always the risk of sharp edged weapons OR blood filled syringes...
            Most of the members of this forum probably don't believe this. It seems that most think that with gun control the bad guys still have them,.
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
              Most of the members of this forum probably don't believe this. It seems that most think that with gun crontrol the bad guys still have them,.
              Because they will still get access to.them..
              Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
                Because they will still get access to.them..
                Agreed. But in a commonwealth country because of our anti gun laws, they are getting less of them.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                  Agreed. But in a commonwealth country because of our anti gun laws, they are getting less of them.
                  Gun Laws work towards simply limiting selection of/and access to firearms, people who live outside the confines of accepted community values would still be able to source black market weapons albeit less easily than in a country without similar legislation.

Australian Customs agents recently intercepted a cache of glochs bound for the lucrative illegal weapons trade here...
                  "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                    Gun Laws work towards simply limiting selection of/and access to firearms, people who live outside the confines of accepted community values would still be able to source black market weapons albeit less easily than in a country without similar legislation.

Australian Customs agents recently intercepted a cache of glochs bound for the lucrative illegal weapons trade here...
                    There are oroabably cases of people drowning in a desert. (Fell into a tank of water etc) But with less water around there is less a chance of it happening. Same as with guns. If there are less of them around there is less of a chance of someone having one.

Comment

The limitations of firearms do reduce the amount of acts of passion; that is to say, the commission of a crime because you just happen to have a firearm handy. As far as organized crime and serious firearm crime, though, a criminal will get his gun one way or another, whether it's legal or not.

Comment

Exactly, Gun Laws will temper gun related crime by all but the most determined criminals...

Comment

Taboola

Collapse

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X