Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collected information on LP jobs that are NOT hands on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's cheaper to lose product than to have to pay money and be publicly embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
      It's cheaper to lose product than to have to pay money and be publicly embarrassed.
      ^^^^^THIS...

Even before I came back into LP I've always told my staff that beaides from people and property of the client/employer, we protect them from liability issues as well (to the best of our abilities)
      Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

"Hands off" seems the smart play, especially for the low wage guard.

My guess is "off" is an underwriter's call. I believe in their numbers.

"off" doesn't mean they get away, that often. Buddy managed a clothing store near LA(some rich town, can't recall) and he'd call the cops second he detected a heist, and cops showed up pretty quick, and sometimes they pick up the person 'on the run' or in the parking lot. He'd have a buddy that worked valet parking 'stall' a car and it was only one way out of the lot.

My impression was the 'flight' after the 'contact' pretty much 'sealed the deal' and cops would be more likely to help 'throw the book' rather than if it was just some person in a store with some clerk that says "looked to me like they were trying to steal it" but stuff hadn't gotten past door(to far).

As a "professional" guard you should 'guard' yourself against your own human nature and desire to 'escalate'. Better for your client to just let the badguy know he has been 'made', and let someone else do the heavy lifting when he does crime elsewhere.

Every time I've reported thefts, suspicious persons, etc the cops knew EXACTLY who I was talking about and where to find them.

Comment

Guess that pile of dirt is pretty special...

I call BS on your buddy in LA story.

Comment

My friend does lp for Walmart and he told me it's hands off.

Comment

Actually Walmart is hands on. There may have been a decision made, at the local managerial level, to make your friends store, but Walmart as a whole is very hands on.
              Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
              Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Depends on the area. Some Walmart Markets are hands off, some are hands on.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d87_1...441&comments=1

Even if a company has hands off/hands on policies, employees will break them. In the heat of the moment, emotions get rolling and people throw policy to the wind. It's how many people get hurt and then terminated.

Comment

Originally posted by capurato View Post
                  Depends on the area. Some Walmart Markets are hands off, some are hands on.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d87_1...441&comments=1

Even if a company has hands off/hands on policies, employees will break them. In the heat of the moment, emotions get rolling and people throw policy to the wind. It's how many people get hurt and then terminated.
                  I'll just add sued to that.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X