Hello From South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From South Carolina

My name is Jeff and I have worked in Security for 16 years. Recently I was the Operations Manager of Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. here in Greenville, SC. I have had the pleasure of networking, sharing resources and knowledge with Security Companies from across the country. I have learned quite a bit as well. I manage a Yahoo group for networking resources for the Security Industry that can be found at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou...guid=142118729. I look forward in talking with many of you. Please email anytime.

Jeff
    [email protected]

Welcome.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      Welcome.
      Thanks, looking forward in talking with you.

Comment

welcome aboard, dont be shy :P
        When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
          welcome aboard, dont be shy :P
          Jeff, this forum is what me make it, no more no less. You've had 16+ years in this business, so you may have a different twist to share. As IB107 wrote, don't be shy. If you have questions, open session, email or PM, one way of the other you'll get an answer.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Welcome Jeff!
            ========================================
            Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out! - Unknown

Comment

Welcome!

I really like South Carolina, I plan to move there when I'm done with school. GCSO is actually one of the agencies I'm looking at trying to get on.

I'm curious as to what types of positions you've held in your time. I have a friend who is a cop in the Charleston area and says that private security is almost non-existant in SC, all the jobs are taken by off-duty cops.

Comment

Hello Again

Hello again!

Jackhole GCSO is an excellent department to get into. They have been very supportive of Security companies that show some grain of professionalism. The security markets are growing quite a bit in South Carolina. An Operations Manager friend of mine has contacted me about a security contract that a small town has hired a security company as their police force instead of their local Sheriff Office. I see more and more security companies taking the jobs of off duty Sheriff Officers because clients realize that hiring us is allot cheaper. In South Carolina we are very fortunate to have the backing of SLED (South Carolina Law Enforcement Division). In SC we have the powers of a Sheriff Deputy of the property we are paid to protect. Even though our company shies away from our Officers making arrest, we have been trained to do so. If you look around in South Carolina you can see Security services beginning to grow. Especially here in the upstate our company has about 3000 hours and looking to grow another 2000-3000 hours by the end of this year. Greenville is not a bad place to live. We have our parts of town as most cities do. We are growing quite fast. Just built a new baseball stadium down town, building a new NASCAR, Michelin, Clemson test track employing 2000 people plus, we have a BMW plant in Greer, so jobs here are not bad.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my earlier posting.

Jeff

Welcome!

I really like South Carolina, I plan to move there when I'm done with school. GCSO is actually one of the agencies I'm looking at trying to get on.

I'm curious as to what types of positions you've held in your time. I have a friend who is a cop in the Charleston area and says that private security is almost non-existant in SC, all the jobs are taken by off-duty cops.

Comment

Positions Held

Well I have been a Patrolman with a security service here in Greenville, SC for about 10 years, I have been a supervisor of many security markets, high rise, gated community, petrochemicals, logistics and I have been an Operations Manager for a number of years. So I like to think I have touched a number of experiences in the security industry.

Jeff
                  [email protected]

Originally posted by Jackhole
                  Welcome!

Comment

Thanks Bill!

Hey Bill;

Yeah I have a totally different twist on the security industry. I had a group of officer I talked to in a format much like this and I love to talk to other officers and executives about security and the professionalism of it all. They had allot of the same views as most of this group has about the security industry. Over time I have witnessed that view change somewhat to something a bit more positive through our talks and shared experiences. I am looking forward to talking to everyone I can about the industry and share some experiences and resources that as I have been told are not readily available anywhere else. Looking forward in talking with you all.

Jeff
                    [email protected]

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                    Jeff, this forum is what me make it, no more no less. You've had 16+ years in this business, so you may have a different twist to share. As IB107 wrote, don't be shy. If you have questions, open session, email or PM, one way of the other you'll get an answer.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by aphilpot
                      Welcome Jeff!

Thanks. Looking forward in talking with you.

Jeff

Comment

Hello Jeff

Originally posted by scops8273
                        My name is Jeff and I have worked in Security for 16 years. Recently I was the Operations Manager of Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. here in Greenville, SC. I have had the pleasure of networking, sharing resources and knowledge with Security Companies from across the country. I have learned quite a bit as well. I manage a Yahoo group for networking resources for the Security Industry that can be found at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou...guid=142118729. I look forward in talking with many of you. Please email anytime.

Jeff
                        [email protected]
                        Welcome Aboard Jeff,

I've got you beat by about 10 years in the industry, but I'm here to learn from all you young dudes. I liked your website, give mine a try at www.hrdickinson.com. I look forward to your posts.

Richard
                        Richard Dickinson
                        Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
                        DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
                        www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X