Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour from Montreal

HI

The name is Neil but I couldn't use it because someone else is registered using this name!

I'm the Assistant Director of Security for 3 hotels in Montreal, Canada.

I'm English speaking but working in Qu
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

What happened?

My post was a lot longer than this. What happened

Comment

OK let's try again.

As I was saying... I'm English speaking but working in Quebec I work a lot in French.

I took Police Technology in College from 1973 to 1976. Did Contract security work while there (Pinkerton) then started in hotels in 1977. I'm presently the assistant Director of Security for 3 hotels. In the late 70's I took the Emergency Medical Technician's course & worked as an auxiliary firefighter.

At one time I was a want-a-be but now believe private security can be a career it's self. We are first responders for the other emergency services. We control the situation until the police, fire or ambulance arrive.

Even after 30 years in the business I still learn & deal with new things all the time. Looking foreward to exchanging ideas on this forum.

(I hope it posts properly this time!)

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
        OK let's try again.

As I was saying... I'm English speaking but working in Quebec I work a lot in French.

I took Police Technology in College from 1973 to 1976. Did Contract security work while there (Pinkerton) then started in hotels in 1977. I'm presently the assistant Director of Security for 3 hotels. In the late 70's I took the Emergency Medical Technician's course & worked as an auxiliary firefighter.

At one time I was a want-a-be but now believe private security can be a career it's self. We are first responders for the other emergency services. We control the situation until the police, fire or ambulance arrive.

Even after 30 years in the business I still learn & deal with new things all the time. Looking foreward to exchanging ideas on this forum.

(I hope it posts properly this time!)
        It posted. I'm not sure what's going on, and I suggest you hit the red "report" triangle at the top of your post and report that it cut off.

In futher news, welcome to the site.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

welcome Hotel, hope we hear a lot from you.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            My post was a lot longer than this. What happened
            I found what went wrong but I don't know why. It stopped accepting the post when I put an accent over the "e" in Quebec. I guess it confused the system

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X