hello from oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from oz

hello my name is julie.i work in a local shopping centre.and do crowd control at pubs and functions ect.

hello welcome

Comment

Welcome OZ

Comment

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic
        hello my name is julie.i work in a local shopping centre.and do crowd control at pubs and functions ect.
        Share with the members of the forum your knowledge and experiences. If bad, render us an after action report of lessons learned.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
          Welcome, OZ. Where are you from and whatchya drinking?
          im from wagga wagga nsw i used to drink wild turkey but since i have had my security license i have been working flat out and hardly get to see my fiancee and 3yr old daughter let alone drink.it turns out female security guards are in high demand here.do you have many female security where your from?

Comment

i know what people probably think that females wouldnt be any good thats why i have gone to a lot of trouble to be trained and keep learning.2 blokes that work for the same company only have karate training and that scares me to think that if someone comes at them with a knife they would most likely be cut pretty bad.but also there is some jobs that i knock back being female i would not intentionally put myself in a bad situation.

Comment

i know what people probably think that females wouldnt be any good thats why i have gone to a lot of trouble to be trained and keep learning.2 blokes that work for the same company only have karate training and that scares me to think that if someone comes at them with a knife they would most likely be cut pretty bad.but also there is some jobs that i knock back being female i would not intentionally put myself in a bad situation.
              That is just not true. Modern security and law enforcement has seen the wisdom of employing women. Remember well, something I learned in the sheriff's academy: "Women listen, men hear."
              Sexual assaults are best handled by women as they have empathy with the victim.
              You can push them over with a straw. Oh! You wind up staring up at the night sky.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

madguard from Australia

My name is Tony i do security work in a psyciatric ward in a base hospital. Not mad just a user name.Although too long in here?
                We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

OZ, welcome glad to see a female security officer on here. I hope you enjoy your time here and share your wisdom with us.

Mike

Comment

Hello Wagga

im from wagga wagga nsw i used to drink wild turkey but since i have had my security license i have been working flat out and hardly get to see my fiancee and 3yr old daughter let alone drink.it turns out female security guards are in high demand here.do you have many female security where your from?
                    G'day Wagga,

I know Wagga fairly well, although it has changed quite a bit since I was stationed there with the military in the early 60's.

My wife and I just returned from a road trip to Brisbane and rather than go the usual route, we drove up through Wagga, Junee and Cootamundra. It is lovely country and we came out at Scone on the New England Hwy.

What is Wild Turkey?

I would have thought that you would have preferred a nice cold schooner of Tooheys New or if you're not a beer drinker then a Bundy and Coke or better still a Bundy with Bundaberg Ginger Beer.

What do you think of this bloke. I'll bet that after this is settled, there will be some important lessons learnt in relation to the Racial Discrimination Act.

Security Guard wins $2m for racist taunts.

A security guard subjected to bullying and racist jibes while working at media group News Limited has been awarded almost $2 million in damages.

The damages bill will be split by News Ltd and security company Group 4 Securitas, which employed security guard Devandar Naidu.

The Fijian security guard successfully sued News Ltd and Group 4 Securitas in the NSW Supreme Court for negligence during the five years he was the target of racial abuse and bullying by a superior.

The court was told that from 1990 to 1998 he was contracted by the security company to work for News Ltd at its Sydney premises in Surry Hills, Chullora and Parramatta.

He said his immediate boss at News Ltd, the company's then security and fire manager, Lance Chaloner, had bullied him and taunted him with racist insults.

Mr Naidu told the court he was called a coconut head, a poofter, monkey face and a black man.

He also gave evidence that Mr Chaloner masturbated in front of him, "grabbed my private part and squeezed it" and made him seek permission to go to the toilet.

Mr Chaloner had verbally abused his wife, forced him to do labouring work at his home and to drive him to work, Mr Naidu said.

He said that as a result of this treatment he suffered chronic depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, which led to his resignation.

Justice Michael Adams last year found News Ltd and Group 4 Securitas liable for Mr Naidu's psychiatric injuries.

The judge found against News Ltd to the sum of almost $1.8 million, and awarded Mr Naidu exemplary damages of $150,000.

"The effects of the intimidation and vilification were considerable distress, humiliation and accumulating stress, anxiety and unhappiness," Justice Adams said.

He also recorded a verdict against Group 4 Securitas of $1.6 million, plus $100,000 for breach of contract.

However, Mr Naidu will only receive a total of $1.95 million, with the damages bill to be shared by News Ltd and Group 4 Securitas.

Mr Naidu, 45, was not in court for the judgment but his lawyer, George Draca, said it was "a tremendous victory for a man who's been through a terrible ordeal".

"I hope it sets a precedent for any other person who has suffered so appallingly as Mr Naidu has," he said.

Source: AAP News Service

Comment

What. The. Hell.

Was this poor guy on a Work Visa from Group 4 or something? Is there a cultural obligation built into the Fijian culture to endure such things? That's like a domestic abuse relationship right there.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

if that were me i would be on assult charges for beating the crap out of that bloke. my mum lives at junee and i used to work at the cootamundra pub.on our way back myself and a male guard (he was driving )we hit a kangaroo and got stuck between coota and junee with no mobile coverage.we got picked up by a truckie and dropped of at junee then rang the boss at 4am to pick us up he was not very impressed.i live near kapooka is that where u were?

Comment

Welcome ozsecuritychic.

We have a female guard working here at the hospital, She is great at her job. That's all that matters.
                          We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X