Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Minnesota

Hello All!

I spotted these forums from O.com and thought I would take a look! I'm interested in either a non-sworn uniformed position with a police department or as a security officer in the near future to prepare me for Law Enforcement. These forums have proved very helpful and interesting! I'm about 3 months from graduation from highschool, so the two positions I desire wouldn't be atainable until this summer. I'm currently a Ski Patroller for a park district, I have EMT-B equivalent medical training, I was also an explorer for two years and served on a city commission for two years as well.

I'm from Minneapolis, MN. I am interested in being a Security Officer for the Mall of America. Anyone have any tips or comments for me regarding this?

Derek

Welcome.

Security won't really prepare you for law enforcement, unless your working for the government, or your in a state that allows for sworn private police officers. Just a warning.

Any public contact position will give the same experience. You will be more afraid of liability (like the college courses won't instill that into you) after working for a warm body or large security company in your LE career than you will be not working in security.

You will, though, learn how to wear a uniform correctly. Hopefully. Again, depends on the company.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

welcome good luck

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X