Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Sacramento

Hello all,
    Great board you have here. I look forward to learning all I can about the SO industry. I actually begin my certification classes Monday morning. Hopefully there will be some work available in the area when I am done.

I come from a customer service background and after 11 years handling customer disputes, I was laid off right before xmas . Luckily thru a state program I was able to get some retraining funding and after looking into the medical field and security, I chose the later.

Well I could run off forever, Ill save it for my future ?'s. One i have right now is.....

Someone just getting back into security (1 yr at a dog track in CO, back in 1997 unarmed) getting a armed license now, Do most companies frovide your weapon or should I plan on purchasing a nice 40 cal?

Thanks for the help

SD

Welcome

Originally posted by ignorant_k9 View Post
    Hello all,
    Great board you have here. I look forward to learning all I can about the SO industry. I actually begin my certification classes Monday morning. Hopefully there will be some work available in the area when I am done.

I come from a customer service background and after 11 years handling customer disputes, I was laid off right before xmas . Luckily thru a state program I was able to get some retraining funding and after looking into the medical field and security, I chose the later.

Well I could run off forever, Ill save it for my future ?'s. One i have right now is.....

Someone just getting back into security (1 yr at a dog track in CO, back in 1997 unarmed) getting a armed license now, Do most companies frovide your weapon or should I plan on purchasing a nice 40 cal?

Thanks for the help

SD
    A few companies do provide a firearm but they are the cheapest thing out there or they oldest 38 out there. I know money is tight now but in long run you will be better off buying your own weapon . Plus your firearms training and weapon is a tax wright off as well as the ammo.
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Welcome to the board, I think you'll enjoy it here.
      Warm regards.
      Bill

Comment

Welcome to you. Good luck in your new assignment.... --K.
        Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPTAIN KOOLAID View Post
          A few companies do provide a firearm but they are the cheapest thing out there or they oldest 38 out there. I know money is tight now but in long run you will be better off buying your own weapon . Plus your firearms training and weapon is a tax wright off as well as the ammo.

Well then I have my eye on a xd-40

Thanks for the welcome all, I'm sure Ill have lots of ?'s and reading to do

SD

Comment

Welcome. I would never use a Company issued firearm. Good luck.

be Safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
              Welcome. I would never use a Company issued firearm. Good luck.

be Safe,

Hank

Im not, purchased a new S&W M&P 9mm on friday

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X