Hello from Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ohio

My name is Bob Surgenor, a retired detective from the Berea, Ohio Police Department, now doing private investigative work. I published a book called "No Fear, A Police Officer's Perspective," about child discipline and juvenile crime, and operate a web site called www.FootyPD.com, which is dedicated to law enforcement officers with full length unedited videos. I was impressed with this forum site, so I thought I would sign up to see how many other retired cops were involved in security work!

Welcome. My hometown is Cincinnati, the start of the 3-C Highway. When I was a technician in the 160th Air Refueling Group, ANG after 10 years of active service, the Air Police Officer was a Homicide Detective from Cleveland, Robert DeFratis (?). We had a lot of police officers in that unit.
    Glad you like the forum.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Welcome. Are you listed with this site Police Officer Books? I used to be in Ohio, not far from you, and was a Detective.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Police Officer Books

Mr. Baillie: Yes, I am listed with Police Officer Books. The book is doing fairly well, I was a guest on the Montel Williams television show on two occasions, the Dr. Laura television show, MSNBC, the Fox News Network, and others. The book created quite a stir since I advocate spanking for defiant misbehavior.

You stated that you were a detective in an Ohio city. What city were you with? I was with Berea, which is just south of Cleveland Hopkins Airport. The bad guys would come to the burbs to steal cars, so most of our chases ended up in Cleveland.

Bob Surgenor

Comment

Welcome! I lived in Middleburg Hts. back in the early 80's. I liked the Cleveland area and have some fond memories there. Although I am not a cop, we have a number of members who are in LE and always welcome their perspective.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Mr. Security - When I worked undercover (mid-70s) for the Ohio AG I was assigned to the greater metro-Cleveland area and spent quite a bit of time in the Middleburg Hgts area.

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
              Mr. Security - When I worked undercover (mid-70s) for the Ohio AG I was assigned to the greater metro-Cleveland area and spent quite a bit of time in the Middleburg Hgts area.
              Small world. Indian Creek Estates is the exact location for me. Also, I learned to fly at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. BTW: What kind of wrongdoing were you investigating in MH?
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Organized Crime

Comment

Originally posted by FootyPD View Post
                  Mr. Baillie: Yes, I am listed with Police Officer Books. The book is doing fairly well, I was a guest on the Montel Williams television show on two occasions, the Dr. Laura television show, MSNBC, the Fox News Network, and others. The book created quite a stir since I advocate spanking for defiant misbehavior.

You stated that you were a detective in an Ohio city. What city were you with? I was with Berea, which is just south of Cleveland Hopkins Airport. The bad guys would come to the burbs to steal cars, so most of our chases ended up in Cleveland.

Bob Surgenor
                  ......PM sent

Comment

Welcome.... there are some retirees here. and some of us younger folks too I hope youll contribute to our little family here ! btw watch out for the ninjas that lurk the board... youll learn.. just search the old topics he he
                    Its not how we die that counts.....
                    Its not how we lived that counts....
                    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
                      Welcome.... there are some retirees here. and some of us younger folks too I hope youll contribute to our little family here ! btw watch out for the ninjas that lurk the board... youll learn.. just search the old topics he he
                      Hey Utah. You forgot about the old folks that are not retired!!
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Old & Retired???

Thank you Hotel Security. I, for one, will never "retire" - I always have to be doing something. Whether or not it's constructive depends on my interpretation.

Comment

welcome footy. And thanks for your service.

Be Safe,

Hank
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X