X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from PA

Hi All.

I'm Jon, a EMT/Security Officer in PA.

I'm with a large contract company at a large, high-profile site.
    Unarmed, unlicensed.

I'm crosstrained as a secondary dispatcher as well as at almost all post/patrol positions on our contract.

Anyway.... I've recently found this fourm through Firehouse.com, and figure I'll give it a try. I'm hearing rumbilings that some of our officers "might" be going armed and/or Lethal weapons trained "in the future" - who knows.

Jon
    The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Welcome

Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.
    I am surprised that others haven't already said hi.
    This a a good place and a lot of good info is passed.

Please share with us and enjoy.

Comment

Welcome to the site, I came here through a google search for my company and have found a plethora of information. Good luck in your security career.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
        Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.
        I am surprised that others haven't already said hi.
        This a a good place and a lot of good info is passed.

Please share with us and enjoy.
        Some of us miss posts.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Some of us miss posts.
          Yeah, I know but what can you expect from the frozen snowy North?

Comment

Its -2 degrees outside. I know this, because I have a thermometer attached to one of the windows. It says 0. Not Celsius, mind you. Real 0.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Our fingers get frostbite if we take off our gloves to type.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

welcome, I am from pa myself. Were in pa are you from jon?

Comment

Originally posted by hemi444
                  welcome, I am from pa myself. Were in pa are you from jon?

Southeastern- Chester/Delaware county border
                  The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

Well... I guess I'll re-introduce myself, as it has been 8 months since I last visited (oops ).

My account now has "Advanced Security Officers" who are Lethal Weapons Act ceritified as well as carring cuffs and OC (after PATH and OCAT training). No batons, no firearms - yet.

I've got my PA State Act 235 card, but the program is currently full... the company has put me through MOAB, PATH, and OCAT with the intent of moving me into a position when one opens up.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X