Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Australia

Hi all,

Thanks for let me join this fourm. Long time reader first time poster.

I have come from doing 2 years working as an Avation Screener. Like the TSA but we are private in Australia.

I am now working doing resort security for Ayres Rock Resort. I have been doing this job for about 5 months now and I really enjoy it.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Duncan
    Thanks in advance,

Duncan

Wecome aboard Duncan, I think you'll like it here. If you have read all the threads, jump in and tell us what you think and more importantly, why.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Welcome

Damn Aussies there like bad grass can't kill them lol.
      Welcome you have lovely country lovely visit there one day.
      Last edited by CAPTAIN KOOLAID; 02-17-2008, 07:54 PM.
      CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Lol! its true we are being invaded from the Aussies! better start drinking Fosters so we can blend in !

Im just teasing with ya, Welcome, look forward to hearing more from ya!
        Its not how we die that counts.....
        Its not how we lived that counts....
        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

UPF Fosters is like Reiner Beer - foul tasting crap that would ensure I was watering the plants every 3 hours.

Duncan is up in Crocodile Dundee land (well same state anyway) and surrounded by sand and more sand. VERY VERY popular resport and is 5 star perfect for our US buddies to come and spend their green backs. This is the same area where "a dingo took my baby" back in 1980.

Perhaps Duncan can get a pic of a Darwin stubbie which is a 1/2 gallon size of real beer in a glass bottle - sure to put hair on your chest. !!

Welcome Duncan - from Sydney here ............
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Hi from Australia

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
            UPF Fosters is like Reiner Beer - foul tasting crap that would ensure I was watering the plants every 3 hours.

Duncan is up in Crocodile Dundee land (well same state anyway) and surrounded by sand and more sand. VERY VERY popular resport and is 5 star perfect for our US buddies to come and spend their green backs. This is the same area where "a dingo took my baby" back in 1980.

Perhaps Duncan can get a pic of a Darwin stubbie which is a 1/2 gallon size of real beer in a glass bottle - sure to put hair on your chest. !!

!/2 gallon wow thats alot beer not. down here we have thing called a yard dog. It's 3 feet long. most likely it adds up to be the same most likely. Hmm new idea for welcome beside saying hello post afew pics from your town kinda give us walking tour of your city. Just idea kick around i'm still going do it when I stop working 15 hour days.
            CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post

You know what they say about beer - You don't buy it, you just rent it.
              Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
              Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

Here is a few links that you may be intrested in about the resort.

Google Map of the town.

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&ie=U...37962,0.079823

Wikipedia entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulara

Offical Resort Website

http://www.ayersrockresort.com.au/

Darwin Stubby

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Darwin-Stubby...sid=p1638.m124
                Thanks in advance,

Duncan

Comment

P.S if you guys ever come over and visit the "Rock" keep an eye out for me and say hi.

Some more links

Offical Ayres rock travel site

http://en.travelnt.com/explore/uluru-kata-tjuta.aspx

If you do want to come over drop me a PM and I can sort something out.
                  Thanks in advance,

Duncan

Comment

So true curtis ............ I had a Darwin Stubbie brought back to me from Duncan's state and it still sits pride of place with the other bar stuff including my double size can from the USA of Fosters from 20 years ago (unopened).

Yeah it's actually 2 litres ..... and after you drink that much you can recycle the bottle as a pee jar. Yes that Rainer beer was foul - not much fun holding it in on a 27 mile bus trip back to the hotel (I will never forget the that painful trip back as my eyes watered in need of the nearest palm tree). So come on Seppo's and spend your Ben Franklins downunder ......... tipping not compulsory but make an exception for Duncan.

Comment

Sorry MATES. We here in Canada need the American dollars more than you. You'd be shocked at the number of employees that have been laid off at my hotels due to the Canadian dollar reaching par & even over the US dollar . An example. We get hockey tournaments during US holidays. They usually book 250 rooms. This past Martin Luther King Day they only took 44
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Actually when our aussie dollar fell to 46c US my friend was stuck in Hawaii with people struggling to get home as they could not afford to live but here the Yanks LOVED the bargains and no tipping.

WOW that is bad for the tourism boom as the need for general tourists and sports fanatics to follow their teams is good for the local economy as well as tourism.

Comment

G'day Duncan from the top End...I am in Darwin and work at RDH. If you get up this end give me a yell...just ask for squid
                          NRM Oz the original darwin Stubbie was 2.2 litres but when CUB took over they shrunk it to 2 litres.

PS sorry you mob I have been slack and havent posted for a while It has been a horrible run of shifts

Comment

About bloody time Squids - yes the old imperial measurements ......... 700ml less in a US gallon to the imperial size. Hope all is going well and good to see the Aussie Invasian taking over ........... with our aussie dollar hitting 91 Cents US like it was in 1988 when I first hit the US.

Comment

Welcome Duncan from Uluru!

Sorry guys (like Squidly) I've also been preoccupied with ongoing daily events & a renewed passion for our 4WD LMAO
                              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X