Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi hi hi!

'Ello 'Ello!.

My name's Matt, I'm from England and I've just started out in the Security Industry!

Really looking forward to chatting to you all and I hope we can share our stories and laughs together.

Hope to talk to you all soon my Brother and Sister guards!
    Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
    Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Welcome Matt. I enjoyed my temporary duty time at Britz Nortan (spelling might be off) and again at Lenkenheath (spelling here too). The humor (humour) the local folks displayed, especially at the Tea Shops where more than once the server seeing we were stressed out cheerfully said, "Keep your pecker up dearie." She said I turned as red as a beet. "Over here love it means keep your chin up."
    Read all the threads and jump in and give us the British perspective of things.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

HAHAHA! Nice, yeah sometimes stuff we say is hiddiously misconstrued by other people

It's great fun.

We had an American guy come into the store I was guarding, oh man, we stood there for about half an hour trying to figure out why he looked like Zoro, so I went over and had a chat with him.

turns out he was US Army on Holiday, your terms, Vacation and he wanted something to take back to his family in the states.

I took of my UnionJack Lapel badge and gave it to him. Well Chuffed

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Matt Glad see more folks from across the big pond joining up..
        CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

welcome! dont forget to tell your UK co-workers about us i dont think we have many of them here lots of Aussies and Canucks, but very few Brits. and of course a whole bunch of bloody yanks !
          Its not how we die that counts.....
          Its not how we lived that counts....
          all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Hello, Hello ........ what you doin` butler .......... `ere this bus is due out now.

Sorry have been watching ON THE BUSES and loved the true Pommy humour back in those shows - lot of ad lib and it was good stuff.

G'day from Sydney and I promise there will be no Pommy jokes about the weekly bathing routine or how your beer is served warm but the Pommy girls all come here as backpackers so there is something good. Bloody expensive to get a beer and a feed over there but a whole new experience. Bloody 4.5 quid a pint back in 2001 and at almost $3.00 AUD a quid - I had to sell a kidney to get a 2nd shout.
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

welcome Matt...good to see some British flavor here
              Support Our Military
              Brigade QM

Comment

I'll be sure to inform my new collegues... just as soon as I meet them... when ever human resources FINALLY sort out my vetting

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X