Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Texas

Hello all,

I have spent several years in security/loss prevention. I was a shift supervisor at Advanced Micro Devices (supervised 5 front line supervisiors and 57 officers). I have worked in loss prevention in West Virginia, Pennsylvannia, and Ohio (as a roving loss prevention investigator). I have also been a loss prevention investigator, then supervisor and manager with Foleys (now known as Macy's) in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I spent a year and a half working in a state jail and for the last 7 years, I have worked as a juvenile probation officer.

I was updating my resume (applying for a different/lateral positon with the probation department), when out of the blue I went to monster jobs. I uploaded my resume (not really expecting anything). I was contacted by a recuriter with Target. I am interviewing with them (he said it is a round robin interview). I would love to hear anyone's thoughts about whether this is a option that I should consider (I know that I have to make the decision), but am not very familiar with Target and the likelyhood of moving up (regional) or the a legitmate idea of what to expect (i.e. salary, benefits, etc.)

Sorry that this is kind of long (and quite possibly boring to the reader), but I am not sure of what my next move is going to be. any comments, suggestions or advice is appreciated.

thanks,
    dhawk52

welcome youll find many folks here are not new to the field while some are, some are ex-militray, police, and other backgrounds some are career security officers, many many bright minds in yet such a dull world...
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Be Safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

G'day and welcome from Sydney Australia.

There is a wide variety of security work around the globe so good luck with opening up your opportunities with the interview with Target.

I promise to not make any comments about Steers and Horns since you are in Texas because it is a bloody good state and the people are legendary - just love the 200lb belt buckles people wear and consider gun racks in pickups to be a standard item like seat belts - LOL.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the forums - tell us what you think and why, we'll all learn that way.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Thanks for the nice welcome.

I have been on line quite a bit of late. I am very interested in this site, (it has brought back some fond and not so fond memories).

thanks,
            dhawk52

Comment

Welcome

Welcome where s bbq lol .
              CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

The round robin interview process is where you will face, and be questioned by numerous people. The interview is very structured and the questions are gauged to determine your thought process and how you might react under certain situations.

Target LP is a decent place to start in this business. They offer good training and if you work hard the promotions are there.

On an interviewing note - I've never worked for Target but used to conduct 'round robin' interview sessions. One of my favorite questions I asked was, do you ever steal? The answers were amazing.
                Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Hello dhawk52, and welcome aboard the forum.

Comment

#7 11-02-2007, 03:57 AM
                    CAPTAIN KOOLAID
                    Senior Member Join Date: May 2007

Welcome

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh ya

It's at the house 3 sharp (it is so good, that you will want to slap your momma, but you wont).

Comment

Bbq

Originally posted by dhawk52 View Post
                      #7 11-02-2007, 03:57 AM
                      CAPTAIN KOOLAID
                      Senior Member Join Date: May 2007

Welcome

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh ya

It's at the house 3 sharp (it is so good, that you will want to slap your momma, but you wont).
                      Is it 3 pm or 3am ?
                      CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X