Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Massachusetts

Hi Everyone,

I'm a senior in high school and seeking a Law Enforcement career. I got a part time security job last summer doing bike patrol in a private community, and I hope to get a permanent job shortly. Hoping to get lots of information from this forum!
    If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Welcome.

You are not one of the 9 bus loads of Mass students coming to my hotel this weekend are you? Is there a school holiday this weekend?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Where in Massachusetts?
      I live in the New Bedford, Taunton area.
      Once you graduate next June you can begin working for Securitas
      And of course you have to be 18.
      And I hope you cheer on this team:
      http://scoreboards.aol.com/hockey/nh.../bos/team.aspx
      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

welcome and best of luck to ya!
        Its not how we die that counts.....
        Its not how we lived that counts....
        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Hello from a New Yorker living in Florida!

Welcome Tac! (this coming from a NY Yankees fan!) LOL!

Be Safe,

Hank
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
            Welcome.

You are not one of the 9 bus loads of Mass students coming to my hotel this weekend are you? Is there a school holiday this weekend?
            Not that I know of! Thank you all for the welcomes!
            If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Comment

Hello from the left coast

I bid you a big welcome to this site.

I hope you get to follow your dreams and get into law enforcement.

I just retired from a lovely little career as a police officer myself, and I'm telling you that if you can handle the type of work done, it will be a good time for you.

So keep your nose out of trouble, keep grades up, try to get a college degree, and when you find a good agency (DO THE RESEARCH TO FIND ONE) to apply for, do it.

WE need more GOOD cops out there.

Comment

Welcome

Best thing I can tell you is there is no such thing as a dumb question .
                So if want know something ask away.
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

I think it would be in your interest to let us know if you are eligible for an (Min age 18) LCT/CCW and at least the county you live in. For us to be able to help you procure some S/O work. Drivers lic very important as a clean record. As a student it would be a great job to do some homework while being paid
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                  http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X