Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I have been reading this forum for several weeks, now and been making use of some great suggestions. I must say it's great to find a community of security professionals, people who take this work seriously. When I first started in security, I think even for me it was mostly about having a job and getting a paycheck, but I've learned that it really is (or at least can be) a profession to take pride in. Even if I am what some of you may call "warm body security." I spend most of the day driving a very nice desk, with 3 large monitors for the CCTV. I ocassionally patrol the garage, but mostly I'm supposed to be at the desk for tenants/visitors/contractors, etc. My job is as much PR as security, some days.

I started out as a CO for TDCJ, later went to private security. I've been with my current company for nearing two years. I work for a non-com company, and have never been commissioned myself, although I did have to qualify on a barrage of firearms for TDCJ. Lately, I have been thinking about persuing a commission and/or CHL just for my own benefit.
    That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Originally posted by officerchick View Post
    I have been reading this forum for several weeks, now and been making use of some great suggestions. I must say it's great to find a community of security professionals, people who take this work seriously. When I first started in security, I think even for me it was mostly about having a job and getting a paycheck, but I've learned that it really is (or at least can be) a profession to take pride in. Even if I am what some of you may call "warm body security." I spend most of the day driving a very nice desk, with 3 large monitors for the CCTV. I ocassionally patrol the garage, but mostly I'm supposed to be at the desk for tenants/visitors/contractors, etc. My job is as much PR as security, some days.

I started out as a CO for TDCJ, later went to private security. I've been with my current company for nearing two years. I work for a non-com company, and have never been commissioned myself, although I did have to qualify on a barrage of firearms for TDCJ. Lately, I have been thinking about persuing a commission and/or CHL just for my own benefit.
    Welcome Aboard!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

welcome to the forums glad to see another female
      Its not how we die that counts.....
      Its not how we lived that counts....
      all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

UtahProtectionForce -
        We do still seem to be few and far between, but maybe that's because I'm in Texas. Actually, at my site both of us are female. When I came here, I was the first Site Manager and the first female. Since then, all of the officers (except TAGs) have been female. Not my choice, just how it's happened.

Comment

Originally posted by officerchick View Post
          UtahProtectionForce -
          We do still seem to be few and far between, but maybe that's because I'm in Texas. Actually, at my site both of us are female. When I came here, I was the first Site Manager and the first female. Since then, all of the officers (except TAGs) have been female. Not my choice, just how it's happened.
          Welcome to the forum. Let us know what and how you think, then join in and go full force.
          Remember young lady, females are predisposed to listen while males are predisposed to hear. There is a vast difference. You can get folks to open and bear their soul while they would look askance at a male.
          Females, for the most part, tend to engage in collaborative efforts to meet a particular goal. Males tend to display individualism, which at times can frustrate the mission.
          Male or female, your goal will always be the same: "go home at the end of the shift no worse for the ware." And above all: Remember the 21-foot rule!
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Hello Chick~
            Welcome to the forums. As I always say...." Finish your tour of duty with the same number of holes you started with!"

Be Safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Welcome. Nothing wrong with doing WBS. I think most of us have at one time or another. Go get that commision and CHL. It can't hurt and will only give you more options.
              "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

G'day from Downunder OfficerChick and welcome. You will be warmly welcomed here as it is another input from another security professional and I look forward to reading further posts of yours and listening to your inputs too.

It is always good to have the opinion of female security professionals in such a great forum as this site conducts.
                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Welcome

Well sure glad you liked what you saw. What part of Tx are you from?
                  CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Originally posted by CAPTAIN KOOLAID View Post
                    Well sure glad you liked what you saw. What part of Tx are you from?
                    Most of it. Currently in DFW area, grew up in Dallas, moved to West Texas for a few years, started college in East Texas, back to North Texas. Never lived in South Texas, but family has and I've visited a number of times.

Comment

Sorry for being a little late.

Officerchick, I just noticed I had not posted an official "HELLO" to you yet, so here it is "HELLOOOOOOOOOOO."

I have responded to some of your posts so I hope you know it was just a slip-up, a faux-paw, a goof, aw shucks, you know, I messed up.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Yeah, sure....S'okay. Thanks for the official hello. Back atcha

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X