Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    Does Crayola make flavored crayons? I hope not! I would think red would be cherry flavored and when it comes to anything cherry...I have to have it! LOL!

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• geordiekimbo
    replied
    "WIth your Offensive Weapons Act, just about anything that can be made a weapon is illegal to carry outside, isn't it?"

We're not allowed to go tooled up around a site, but there is nothing to stop you from using something to protect yourself if you think you had no alternative. I would consider it very very unlucky if you decided to protect yourself against a knife weidling lowlife by using a pickaxe handle, and you had no choice other than to fight him weaponless or with a weapon and you were the one that a jury found at fault.

Personally i think i'd take the chance. If there was NO choice other than weapon or no weapon, i know which i'd pick.

Leave a comment:

• SgtUSMC8541
    replied
    Welcome Aboard.

Lived just outside London for about 3 years. Then moved to the States! Ofcourse I was 3 when I left.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    WIth your Offensive Weapons Act, just about anything that can be made a weapon is illegal to carry outside, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• geordiekimbo
    replied
    "I was in the UK in May (Belfast & Londonderry or Derry depending on what side of the fence you are from ). I think UK private security is more like ours here in Canada than down in the United States. But I was surprised that Northern Ireland was even stricter about weapons than us. There they were not allowed PERIOD. Here our armoured car people still have guns & I'm allowed (but don't because I work plain clothes) to carry batons. I also carry handcuffs which I think is illegal on your side of the pond."

Oh you have no idea. We're not allowed to arm ourselves - period.

Saying that i know of a site or three with a handy sledgehammer handle placed in a convenient place.

My particular site has a Partner clocking system and the gubbins of such is a nifty electronic gizmo inside a steel rod about 8 inches long and weighs about a pound. I tell ya, in an emergency i think it might come in handy. Assuming i can't run for it.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
    It depends if the crayons has flavor
    Yeah... similar to candle I believe

Welcome John!

Leave a comment:

• Bern Wheaton
    replied
    It depends if the crayons has flavor

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Welcome! As stated there are a lot of sharp crayons here. (There are also some that I think eat crayons!) Hope you are one of the sharp ones!

I was in the UK in May (Belfast & Londonderry or Derry depending on what side of the fence you are from ). I think UK private security is more like ours here in Canada than down in the United States. But I was surprised that Northern Ireland was even stricter about weapons than us. There they were not allowed PERIOD. Here our armoured car people still have guns & I'm allowed (but don't because I work plain clothes) to carry batons. I also carry handcuffs which I think is illegal on your side of the pond.

Leave a comment:

• geordiekimbo
    replied
    thanks guys....

oooo crayons...my favourite

Leave a comment:

• Bern Wheaton
    replied
    hi john,have fun

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    Welcome to the board, i hope youll enjoy the board, and pass word to your friends in England about the board, there are many Crayons in the boxs, and many are very bright.

Leave a comment:

• geordiekimbo
    started a topic hello from England

hello from England

Just found this forum from randomly browsing the net.

So hi everyone, I'm John and I've been a Security Guard - AKA - Minimum Wage Slave for coming up to ten years. I've a variety of sites, but the main one I've done is static gatehouse security contracted to a pair of factories in the North East of England.

I hope i'll be able to contribute something to the boards if only to raise a smile once in a while.

Cheers all.
    John

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X