hello from England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from England

Just found this forum from randomly browsing the net.

So hi everyone, I'm John and I've been a Security Guard - AKA - Minimum Wage Slave for coming up to ten years. I've a variety of sites, but the main one I've done is static gatehouse security contracted to a pair of factories in the North East of England.

I hope i'll be able to contribute something to the boards if only to raise a smile once in a while.

Cheers all.
    John

Welcome to the board, i hope youll enjoy the board, and pass word to your friends in England about the board, there are many Crayons in the boxs, and many are very bright.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

hi john,have fun

Comment

thanks guys....

oooo crayons...my favourite

Comment

Welcome! As stated there are a lot of sharp crayons here. (There are also some that I think eat crayons!) Hope you are one of the sharp ones!

I was in the UK in May (Belfast & Londonderry or Derry depending on what side of the fence you are from ). I think UK private security is more like ours here in Canada than down in the United States. But I was surprised that Northern Ireland was even stricter about weapons than us. There they were not allowed PERIOD. Here our armoured car people still have guns & I'm allowed (but don't because I work plain clothes) to carry batons. I also carry handcuffs which I think is illegal on your side of the pond.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

It depends if the crayons has flavor

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
              It depends if the crayons has flavor
              Yeah... similar to candle I believe

Welcome John!
              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

"I was in the UK in May (Belfast & Londonderry or Derry depending on what side of the fence you are from ). I think UK private security is more like ours here in Canada than down in the United States. But I was surprised that Northern Ireland was even stricter about weapons than us. There they were not allowed PERIOD. Here our armoured car people still have guns & I'm allowed (but don't because I work plain clothes) to carry batons. I also carry handcuffs which I think is illegal on your side of the pond."

Oh you have no idea. We're not allowed to arm ourselves - period.

Saying that i know of a site or three with a handy sledgehammer handle placed in a convenient place.

My particular site has a Partner clocking system and the gubbins of such is a nifty electronic gizmo inside a steel rod about 8 inches long and weighs about a pound. I tell ya, in an emergency i think it might come in handy. Assuming i can't run for it.

Comment

WIth your Offensive Weapons Act, just about anything that can be made a weapon is illegal to carry outside, isn't it?
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Welcome Aboard.

Lived just outside London for about 3 years. Then moved to the States! Ofcourse I was 3 when I left.
                    www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

"WIth your Offensive Weapons Act, just about anything that can be made a weapon is illegal to carry outside, isn't it?"

We're not allowed to go tooled up around a site, but there is nothing to stop you from using something to protect yourself if you think you had no alternative. I would consider it very very unlucky if you decided to protect yourself against a knife weidling lowlife by using a pickaxe handle, and you had no choice other than to fight him weaponless or with a weapon and you were the one that a jury found at fault.

Personally i think i'd take the chance. If there was NO choice other than weapon or no weapon, i know which i'd pick.

Comment

Does Crayola make flavored crayons? I hope not! I would think red would be cherry flavored and when it comes to anything cherry...I have to have it! LOL!

Be safe,

Hank
                        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X