Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

This is a real shocker to find a sight like this that is made up for Security Officers! For there comments, I been in Security for over 18 + years.

I have work as a Security Officer to a Supervisor ,working Banks to foot patrol to roving patrol.

And now I am writing a book on Security on my experience And how to and how not to act . So if anyone has a comment or like to put there two cents in I am willing to listen to it. Talk to you all later Bern

Welcome
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Good to have you on board.

Hope you have a timeline for writing and can stick to it, I tried to start a similar project a few times.
      Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
      Groucho Marx

Comment

When writing for a book you must be very disciplined. You cannot be procrastinator. Set aside time daily and set an obtainable goal.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Welcome Aboard.
          www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

Welcome to the site
            "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Well the book isn't all about me,it is the officers I work with ,the company's things to help a beginner security officers. Sad thing is I was writing it on a lap top and the lap top died taking the 75 pages.
              So I started over .But rewriting it has given me a better insight and better details.

I have sent pages of the book to certain people I know that are not security officers and ask to give there in sight on it,so I figure I am going in the right direction when they reply they respect security more after reading it, so I will still work on it.

Comment

So your book will be more like an orientation/training manual?

BTW you could recover your work from the Hard Drive of your laptop even though it died... unless of course it was the HDD that died (data retrieval in that case can be quite expensive)
                "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

It will have everything ,training ,things you should know,what to do and not to,PR and how to handle yourself in different saturations ,radio use,hand cuffs how to become a supervisor and story's sad happy and funny,how to handle other officers under you. True it is my op pion and facts that I have look up.
                  How to handle a bomb threat to rape and gangs,protesters ,I always look for a book on Security and never really found one,yes there are sights on them,but I think it is time we had something on us Security officers.

Not like everyone sees on TV as being the guard who is sleeping or get shot all the time,That we are real people doing a real job. Only thing is finding a publisher to publish it after i write it,loll

Comment

I am considering writing a book as well. I already have the title in mind. It will be called " The Sh!t I've seen". It's a work in progress.

Be safe,

Hank
                    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X