Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day, another member from down under

G'day all,

Due to a mid-life crisis (and 15 years in one job), I'm now branching out and trying my hand in the security field primarily as site patrol/loss prevention and in occasional static positions here in Victoria Australia

I came across this site whilst researching duty gear and equipment etc. and must say those high intensity torches demonstrated by 'black bear' are quite impressive... isn't it odd how one develops a passion for torches after entering the industry? LMAO As a direct consequence I've now got a greater varied collection than I've ever owned in my entire life combined
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Welcome
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Take your time and read all the posts, then join in. Let us know what you think, how you've done things and how you do things now.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
        G'day all,

Due to a mid-life crisis (and 15 years in one job), I'm now branching out and trying my hand in the security field primarily as site patrol/loss prevention and in occasional static positions here in Victoria Australia

I came across this site whilst researching duty gear and equipment etc. and must say those high intensity torches demonstrated by 'black bear' are quite impressive... isn't it odd how one develops a passion for torches after entering the industry? LMAO As a direct consequence I've now got a greater varied collection than I've ever owned in my entire life combined
        The only torches I've ever been concerned about are the ones the villiagers held while chaseing me. Welcome to the site.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

welcome aboard, from the land up over ? joking.. but welcome i look forward to hearing more from you guys down under
          Its not how we die that counts.....
          Its not how we lived that counts....
          all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Hi from Wagga Wagga, nsw.

Comment

Thanks all, it's nice to find an industry specific site/forum

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic View Post
              Hi from Wagga Wagga, nsw.
              Ah, so that makes me the only 'Mexican' here then?

FYI Victoria is south of the NSW border... hence the 'tag' all part of Interstate rivalry
              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

G'day matey.... welcome to the site!!
                I am a hospital S/O it Royal Darwin Hospital!! (shhhh but I am also an ex Mexician from ballarat)
                As stated take a read though the forum there is a wealth of info here!!

Comment

Ballarat? LOL they're famous for their seemingly endless wet weather... did you know that Lake Wendouree dried completely up? people were scavanging old mortar shells, vintage bottles & relics from the exposed surface.

Being an S/O in a large hospital sounds like a sweet gig?
                  Last edited by Maelstrom; 07-16-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Welcome

Is your avatar a CB radio? I have not seen one of those for a few years!
                    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

Actually, it's a Philips FM900 series remote head unit commercial radio... when business users upgraded their 2-way systems these 80's radios became quite plentiful, many being modified for Uhf/Vhf amateur usage (and CB UHF of course) .

With an EEPROM burning equipment they can become quite a nice scanning reciever for local services.
                      Last edited by Maelstrom; 07-18-2007, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                        Thanks all, it's nice to find an industry specific site/forum

Ah, so that makes me the only 'Mexican' here then?

FYI Victoria is south of the NSW border... hence the 'tag' all part of Interstate rivalry

Welcome aboard captain

It's a great site, lots of excellent information and helpful people

Oh quick look out for that tram
                        A well trained dog is worth 10 men!

I can recall my dog, but I can never recall a fired bullet!

Would you prefer me to use the dog, the Glock, the baton or the O.C. spray? It's your health insurance so you decide. Alternatively there is always the handcuffs, followed by the Police with the court house preceeding rapidly after. Now which service would you like me to utilise

Comment

Thanks, I've found the site most helpful already

Comment

Welcome borad. good to see a other Ausee on here. Good luck with your futher.
                            ]

Comment

Have fun,

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X