Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I am returning to S/O after many years.

The reason I am getting back into it is I was asked to start a new firm and am just getting all the paperwork taken care of.

I have a military background where armed security went past the normal guard duty. I qual'ld in special weapons, entry, BG/driver, as well being involved in developing security programs.

I am working as a private S/O while the red tape is being taken care of.
    Wish me luck all.

Be careful.

Originally posted by ACP01
    I am returning to S/O after many years.

The reason I am getting back into it is I was asked to start a new firm and am just getting all the paperwork taken care of.

I have a military background where armed security went past the normal guard duty. I qual'ld in special weapons, entry, BG/driver, as well being involved in developing security programs.

I am working as a private S/O while the red tape is being taken care of.
    Wish me luck all.

Be careful.
    Managing, a principal of the company, or an employee/supervisor (Non Management)?

Also, what state are you in? Let us know if you find anything amusing or annoying about the paperwork.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

The firm will be an LLC with me as controlling partner and my son who has been active in the S/O field for the last few years as Jr partner.

I am in West Virginia. Here to start a firm you must have some form of relevant background, be approved by the Sec. of States office, be bonded prior to approval and pay the fees.

The bonding process started out as the most ridiculas (at least with the agent I talked to first). The Sec.of States office recommended an agent near me and I had a bond quote back in about an hour.

I have a Tactical pistol class set up for the near future being taught by a PD instructor so that should help. (Date not set yet)
      I am also going to have other classes taught also.

My thoughts are that if shots are fired the certified training will help if it were to go to court.

Comment

Good luck on that eh. Sounds like your going to have a interesting time. It seems to me that you pretty much know what your doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
          The firm will be an LLC with me as controlling partner and my son who has been active in the S/O field for the last few years as Jr partner.

I am in West Virginia. Here to start a firm you must have some form of relevant background, be approved by the Sec. of States office, be bonded prior to approval and pay the fees.

The bonding process started out as the most ridiculas (at least with the agent I talked to first). The Sec.of States office recommended an agent near me and I had a bond quote back in about an hour.

I have a Tactical pistol class set up for the near future being taught by a PD instructor so that should help. (Date not set yet)
          I am also going to have other classes taught also.

My thoughts are that if shots are fired the certified training will help if it were to go to court.
          Training is important. Make sure, of course, that its industry recongized training. NRA Police / Security Pistol, Gunsite, etc.

In Wisconsin, the only thing you have to do to run a security company is take the PI test and have a valid PI license. I can own the security company without it, and others may be members of the LLC, but to actively supervise security or private investigators, I must be a licensed PI.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X