Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm New here.

Hi Everyone.

I'm Jay, I'm just starting out in the security world. I am not a security gard, I sell and help install/troubleshoot a new line of security products. I joined here to try to learn whats going on in the security world and better understand the market and the people involved in the industry. I'm also interested in learning what type of new things would help you in protecting your perimeters. I look forward to exchanging information and valuable discussions.

thank you
    -J
    Security is more than a job, its preservation for our future.

Fiber Fence - Perimeter Protection Security Solutions

Fiber Optic Products

It's still spelled "guard".
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

we purposly chose guard, that particular product was developed for the european market where gard is spelled guard and now that the name and product have been copywrited i dont think we're changing it, but i said something too when i got on board

Fiber Optic Products

Comment

Jay. You just said you are not a security "gard." The word, in the United States and Europe, is "Guard." It doesn't matter that a trademarked term your company uses is "gard." It matters that you are using the term "gard" in colloquial English, on posts to this board.

"I am not a security gard..." Now, if you were saying, "I sell the Gate Gard System," that's one thing. But you said "I am not a security gard."

Realize that any person who googles Fiber-Fence will find your posts in this forum.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

its not my decision to change it from gard to guard, our company has have had several discussions and we are fine that we spell it Gate Gard. You guys are going to have to deal with the fact that we choose to spell our product like we do...lol

Fiber Optic Products

Comment

You are completely missing the point.

Originally posted by security permagrin
            we spell it Gate Gard
            When you use the term "Gard" when referencing your product, that is correct.

Originally posted by Security Permagrin
            I am not a security gard
            When you use the term "Gard" when referencing a "Security Guard" as in a person who engages in the profession of security enforcement, then you are incorrect.
            Last edited by Lawson; 05-17-2007, 05:02 PM.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

BHR...I think it's just a typo but he won't admit it! Maybe it's his frist one!
              Richard Dickinson
              Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
              DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
              www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Just look at his picture... nuff said.

...oh, nuff is (c), so it's cool
                Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson View Post
                  BHR...I think it's just a typo but he won't admit it! Maybe it's his frist one!
                  Maybe even his FIRST one!

Comment

who gives a flying Foo-Foo "gard or guard?"

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security View Post
                      Maybe even his FIRST one!
                      Richard Dickinson
                      Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
                      DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
                      www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSC911 View Post
                        who gives a flying Foo-Foo "gard or guard?"

The proper term is Phlying Phoo-Phoo. It's trademarked.
                        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Relax guys, he is just trying to tell us that he's not one of their products.
                          Anything that hits the fan,
                          Will not be evenly distributed.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X