Hello...From the Frozen Wastes of Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello...From the Frozen Wastes of Wyoming

...Just wanted to say hi after lurking for several months. I've been a security guard with the University of Wyoming for a year now; a great job at the U's "Centennial Complex," a combined archives and art museum. ...Retired from the US Forest Service (31 years). ...Appreciate this site/forum; good thought-provoking material.

Originally posted by Wyoming
    ...Just wanted to say hi after lurking for several months. I've been a security guard with the University of Wyoming for a year now; a great job at the U's "Centennial Complex," a combined archives and art museum. ...Retired from the US Forest Service (31 years). ...Appreciate this site/forum; good thought-provoking material.
    Welcome. I look forward to benefiting from your experience. Any chance you have a USFS shoulder patch that you want to trade or sell? PM me if you're interested.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Wyoming
      Hello Wyoming,

Sounds like you've found yourself a nice little job in retirement.

Good luck and best wishes for the future.

Comment

Welcome Wyoming. Spent 18 months at Francis E. Warren AFB, 1956-57. Your work with the USFS serves you well in the security world. More dangerous now than it used to be with all the cannabis growers using forest lands to ply their trade. With all the booby-traps they use, many an agent was killed or seriously wounded. A number of innocent hikers were murdered after walking into their growing areas.
        In 1990, the year before I retired, we received a briefing from the head of USFS concerning the murder of two of his agents. His anger was incandescent. Not an easy job, nor will your new job be a piece of cake. If you can keep your tickets current, you will be way ahead of the rest of us.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X