X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by FireEMSPolice
    I almost got hired as a bouncer for a strip club once. The manager sat me down and asked me if I wanted to be a cop. I told him yes. He then told me not to do this because he has been trying to be a cop for a while and because he is a manager of a strip club he kept getting turned down. So I said thanks, hung around the club and left.
    I've done, and still occassionally do some bouncing work. I've worked strips clubs, and the dance clubs. If you aren't street smart, it's a extremely dangerous gig to get into. To be fully affective defensive tactics are a must.

As for the "manager" not being able to become a cop. Sounds like there are possibly some holes into exactly why that is. Here in Maryland there are two academies that you can sponsor (pay your way through) yourself. There have been a few to graduate the police academy, yet still aren't employed as police officers. Just think about it, if it was all that bad, police officers wouldn't be working part-time at strip clubs.

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    I almost got hired as a bouncer for a strip club once. The manager sat me down and asked me if I wanted to be a cop. I told him yes. He then told me not to do this because he has been trying to be a cop for a while and because he is a manager of a strip club he kept getting turned down. So I said thanks, hung around the club and left.

Leave a comment:

• joecolerulz
    replied
    Used to be a bouncer. Got out while i was still alive , worse line of security in my opinion. Pays better money but the risk isnt worth it.

Leave a comment:

• FederalSecurity
    replied
    Danny,

I really haven't noticed any other bouncers on these forums, but I think

all that means is that we'd like your input even more. The more types of

Security we have on these forums, the better. Welcome...and I look forward

to learning from you!

Leave a comment:

• BoyInBlue
    started a topic Any Bouncers here?

Any Bouncers here?

Hello Everyone,

I am fairly new to the security field; I got into nightclub security about 2 years ago (love it), I had a short gig doing corporate security for a local manufacturer as well (very boring, but good training), and I am just starting to work for a major so. cal. theme park, doing mainly money transport but we also respond to calls in the park.

I look forward to sharing what I have learned so far, and picking up new tricks from veterans.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X