Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Welcome, Joe. It is a topic that has been much discussed here. I've been in and out of the industry for almost 3 decades, and while I have seen improvement, the guard industry moves at a glacial pace (except for technology).

Leave a comment:

• Introduction by Joe Parker and improving the Contract Security Industry

Good Saturday Morning 12/21/2019; My name as noted in the Title, is Joe Parker. I am a veteran of both the Army (76 - 79), and Navy (80-81 & 81-84), and 30 + years in contract - Physical security. I will be 2 in March, and desire to be an active part of the security community. Unfortunately I left the work force in September 2014 due to a heart attack that lead to a triple bypass and a stent almost exactly a month later.
    I believe that contract security can be a viable career choice, even for the officer in uniform, but in east Tennessee, where I reside; the pay rate is still primarily minimum wage and the benefits (Insurance packages) are either useless or out of our price range. Thus, I believe that contract security can be done better. But how does that get done?
    Fundamental changes must be made both within the contract agencies and across all states of the Union. Lets work together to make demonstrable changes in this industry.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X