X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColePhelps1247
    replied
    Originally posted by lord of the keys View Post
    I was at OCC for a little over a year with Securitas before they went to having Peace Officers. I enjoed my time there and thats part of the reason i would like to eventually get back to campus security but i am in my 40s so i think i am a little to old for Peace Officer training and that seems to be the way a lot of colleges are going. I like working in active large sites and patroling in a mobile. By the way what kind of security do you do?
    Currently not in security. I work for the post office. I did however work with US security at National Grid, as well as an apt doing valet for the richer than thou or older people who couldn't wlak to get their vehicle. Then I went to Securitas doing NYS Fairgrounds, lost my spot due to lowest guy on todem pole (eliminated a few spots) and went to rapid response parking lot patrol aka doing nothing.

I scored A 90 On The NYS Civil Service Test For Security Officer and 80 On Safety and security Oofficer (psychiatric Centers). Waiting On One of Those To Come Through...re Upping My License Currently aAs Well

The New Test For Safety and security sHould Be coming Up Next year...i tTook IT In 2013. Id Take It. Ive Seen A Late 40s Guy Get Hired At One In Norwich (he was WIth securitas Before Leaving)
    Last edited by ColePhelps1247; 08-06-2017, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lord of the keys
    replied
    I was at OCC for a little over a year with Securitas before they went to having Peace Officers. I enjoed my time there and thats part of the reason i would like to eventually get back to campus security but i am in my 40s so i think i am a little to old for Peace Officer training and that seems to be the way a lot of colleges are going. I like working in active large sites and patroling in a mobile. By the way what kind of security do you do?

Leave a comment:

• ColePhelps1247
    replied
    Ive been interested in campus security once I saw OCC had a part time position open. But kind of a niche position, so its harder to get into.

Leave a comment:

• lord of the keys
    replied
    I don't believe so. It may not be the most exciting position but the pay isn't bad. I hope that once i am back in the field i can eventually find something i like more. I really enjoy campus security. The only industrial security that i really enjoyed was at kodak years ago but anything beats retail work. I also have 5 years of experience in management which i hope will allow me to advance

Leave a comment:

• ColePhelps1247
    replied
    Originally posted by lord of the keys View Post
    It is a flex position between 2 accounts in the Oswego area. It only pays a little more than my job now so I will continue to have to work a second job. The big thing is i will get my security liscense again. The accounts are both industrial sites and while that is not my favorite. I do have plenty off experience with it.
    I think I saw that posting. But too far for me to drive an F350 everyday.
    never did that like type of position. I did it once I got my security job. It was kind of hard to learn different sites when you rotated between 3 of them.

does G4S still have the power plant security contract?

Leave a comment:

• lord of the keys
    replied
    It is a flex position between 2 accounts in the Oswego area. It only pays a little more than my job now so I will continue to have to work a second job. The big thing is i will get my security liscense again. The accounts are both industrial sites and while that is not my favorite. I do have plenty off experience with it.

Leave a comment:

• ColePhelps1247
    replied
    Welcome. Im in the Syracuse area.

What Positionat g4s?

Leave a comment:

• lord of the keys
    started a topic Hello from upstate NY

Hello from upstate NY

I just want to introduce myself. I have 10 years experience in the field. I have worked industrial, retail, campus, and event security as well as in loss prevention. The last 7 years i have been out of the security field working as a shift supervisor in in retail. I have decided to get back into security as i hate retail. I have an interview with G4 coming up next week. I look forward to being part of the discussion here.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X