Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Hi everyone, My name is Martin I'm new to the security industry just finished both my Florida State D & G licenses in the last 2 weeks. I'm originally from Belfast Northern Ireland and have been in this country for 2 1/2 years. I have been observing these forums for the last 6 weeks and have learned alot from reading all the knowledgeable posts and i look forward to taking on any advice and information that you all can provide me with.

have a great day

Slan

Welcome to the site.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Welcome from Montreal! By the way I'm going to Northern ireland near Belfast (Cookstown) for a wedding in May!
      Last edited by HotelSecurity; 02-13-2007, 07:29 PM.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinMc
        Hi everyone, My name is Martin I'm new to the security industry just finished both my Florida State D & G licenses in the last 2 weeks. I'm originally from Belfast Northern Ireland and have been in this country for 2 1/2 years. I have been observing these forums for the last 6 weeks and have learned alot from reading all the knowledgeable posts and i look forward to taking on any advice and information that you all can provide me with.

have a great day

Slan
        Someone is bound to ask, so I'll do it in a manner that doesn't give away who you work for to every idiot on the internet:

You work for Kris or K. C.?
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Slan, welcome to the forum. It is what you make of it.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Someone is bound to ask, so I'll do it in a manner that doesn't give away who you work for to every idiot on the internet:

You work for Kris or K. C.?

I don't work for anyone yet and i don't know any kris or K.C....... Why?

Comment

I don't work for anyone yet and i don't know any kris or K.C....... Why?
                Because they're the owners of two of the more interesting security companies in your area.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Welcome

have a great day

Slan
                  Welcome aboard! I look forward to your posts.
                  Richard Dickinson
                  Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
                  DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
                  www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Because they're the owners of two of the more interesting security companies in your area.

What companies would they be Mr Corbier? Are they here in the St petersburg area or are they in Belfast

Slan
                    Martin

Comment

CIS and EDI, CIS is in Clearwater and EDI is in St Pete

Comment

www.cisworldservices.org
                        www.excelsiordefense.com

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                          CIS and EDI, CIS is in Clearwater and EDI is in St Pete
                          CIS seems to be a joke i read on their website the whole employment process i need a job now, not in 4 weeks, it seems harder to get a job there than it does at your local PD. Haven't heard to much about excelsior a couple of people have recommended it to me for employment though.

Slan
                          Martin

Comment

CIS seems to be a joke i read on their website the whole employment process i need a job now, not in 4 weeks, it seems harder to get a job there than it does at your local PD. Haven't heard to much about excelsior a couple of people have recommended it to me for employment though.

Slan
                            Martin
                            A company that hires you the day you walk in the door will hire someone else the same day they decide to fire you for no reason. You are expendable and have no value.

Always remember this.

And, take a look at the hiring process for PCSO. CIS's hiring process weeds out non-hackers and warm bodied idiots. Companies that give you a W4 and a uniform the day you walk in and have you on post that night, as I said, have invested nothing in you. There is no problem with terminating you.

A company that invests time and money in hiring you, then giving you additional training and equipment, needs to keep you around to recoup the money spent.

Comment

A company that hires you the day you walk in the door will hire someone else the same day they decide to fire you for no reason. You are expendable and have no value.

Always remember this.

And, take a look at the hiring process for PCSO. CIS's hiring process weeds out non-hackers and warm bodied idiots. Companies that give you a W4 and a uniform the day you walk in and have you on post that night, as I said, have invested nothing in you. There is no problem with terminating you.

A company that invests time and money in hiring you, then giving you additional training and equipment, needs to keep you around to recoup the money spent.

I agree with you Mr Corbier, but don't you think this company is a little OTT, I mean what security company needs an Anti terrorism unit..... What are they gonna do deploy them to somalia. Also your training consists of a training officer for i think 3 months to see if you fit the company, that sounds a little too close to PD for me, no wonder people poke fun at this company seems like they want there own private army...... Maybe we should ship them off to iraq

slan
                              Marty

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X